Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyTyer15

Post Your Favorite Dry Flies

What are your favorite dry flies to tie and to fish with. Mine would be Fan wings and anything royal.

Royal wulff

royal-wulff-beauty.jpg

Pink lady fan wing

fanwing-pink-lady-009.jpg?w=640&h=480

I love tying and fishing attractor dries, with a particular preference for the Royal Wulff, White Wulff, Orange Humpy, H&L Variant and Lime Trude.

For non-brook trout, its more or less just generic parachutes and comparaduns, and Stimulators,but those are mostly just used as indicators on dry/dropper rigs.

Ya I was wondering about that, mainly because the pics were so different, taking credit for other people's ties, pretty desperate if you ask me.

ya you guys are right. I should have given credit to where it was due. I will try and not make that same mistake again. I tied both of those flies the same though.

Not a good way to open a topic. Plagiarism is just NOT cool. I'll believe you can tie if and when I see YOURS.

Years back when I first joined this site I was confused why that I couldn't save, to my files, a picture from a very well known fly tier. I complained on here that I just wanted it as a reference photo because it was an expertly tied example and I couldn't understand why some pictures could not be saved. I am a simple and honest man and have never fully understood what all of this security and secrecy was all about until recently. Now I really do understand and have sympathy for anyone that is dishonest whether it be a falsely claimed achievement or grand larceny because there is no difference, in my opinion, to a small lie or a big lie or a small theft or a big theft because dishonesty is just WRONG!

Years back when I first joined this site I was confused why that I couldn't save, to my files, a picture from a very well known fly tier. I complained on here that I just wanted it as a reference photo because it was an expertly tied example and I couldn't understand why some pictures could not be saved. I am a simple and honest man and have never fully understood what all of this security and secrecy was all about until recently. Now I really do understand and have sympathy for anyone that is dishonest whether it be a falsely claimed achievement or grand larceny because there is no difference, in my opinion, to a small lie or a big lie or a small theft or a big theft because dishonesty is just WRONG!

Very well said. I also find it funny that someone would post something done by someone else thinking it would't be noticed.

ya you guys are right. I should have given credit to where it was due. I will try and not make that same mistake again. I tied both of those flies the same though.
Braden, first things first...we've all made mistakes. You're a young man with a lot more mistakes (lessons) ahead of you. Honesty will serve you well as you build relationships, even with people you'll likely never meet face to face. Don't be ashamed to show your own flies. I can't hold a candle to most of the guys/gals on this forum, but I'm great with that, because I know they all started somewhere, and I can learn from them. I have one more piece of fortune cookie advice for you...Don't be ashamed of who you are, but always strive to be better.

Tim

FlyTyer15,

You know what you did was wrong so I don't have to tell you that. But you should know that you don't have to post perfect pictures for people to like them. What xrats said goes for me too. I cant tie a 1/16 as good as some of the people on this site but posting my OWN pictures allows those who are better to critique my work which has helped me become a much better fly tyer. So all I'm saying is be proud of your work even if you think it looks like crap because no one just starts tying award winning flies with out YEARS and YEARS of practice, you know this. So lets see YOUR flies because WE STILL WANT TO SEE THEM! Keep tying bud.