Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bertgwen

Go to Trout Fly

Mail man dropped off the package yesterday, and I just opened it. Wow!! Great looking flies, folks.

Travis, that pattern in a slightly larger size would probably be killer on bass. I may tie a few this weekend and test them out.

Wow, I can sure echo the quality of this swap. Great Great set of flies. I see everyone in there being used this year, maybe some on Red River next month, maybe even mine which I got back and could have stayed with SM if extras. They are all so good I hate to single out a fly BUT...the bucktail Black Ghost by Greybrook is special in it's being tied for fishing and not fisherman. Sparse, lightly tied, translucent, and perfect fry size. I know it would kill crappies at the local pond but it's going into the streamer box until it gets to trout water. I can see that handling nicely with one of my 3 or 4 wt. bamboos and really forward to throwing it.

thanks vicrider! all the flies i received are all beautifully tied i especially liked this swap because of the variety. you could go to any trout stream with the flies from this swap and be prepared for any situation. in fact thats what i plan to do when it warms up!

Greybrook, if you went to the White or some other AR tailwaters you'd find that stimulator on the tipper with that red ass Kelso hanging behind. That particular soft hackle is a very popular one there and other tailwaters in the Ozarks.