Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
smallfrye

Bobbin reveiw

I have used the three sizes of Stonfo bobbins, and found them to be a very high quality product. I really liked the standard-sized bobbin that they made, which I believe is part of their "Elite" series. Regarding the other two sizes, the smaller bobbin worked the same, but I just prefer one that is a tad longer (thus why I use the standard one they sell). The larger size is more for saltwater applications and works well for those who like a longer tube on the bobbin.

Overall, I recommend these bobbins, and have my standard colors on them. The drag is excellent, and the standard sized feels great to tie with.

I have their new vise coming my way, which is called the Kaiman, and can't wait to use it!

TC

Search the forum this topic comes up pretty frequently. Why anyone would want to rely on overseas customer support as opposed to within US is the key question in my mind, but tiers have to experiment so good luck...