Fly Tying
LP ID 66

Salmon Flyswap

I was wondering that Travis. I thought first of fishing for salmon. An egg fly is what I primarily used over the years but would have done something a little exotic plus one of the better egg flies. Now I think we're talking of the salmon fly hatch. We just had a discussion of this on another board and something I've been told works well and something I've tied up some for my box is a basic all black stimulator. Because of the colors of the adult salmon fly I've thought maybe a natural bucktail color over the top of a black flossed and hackled stimmie would be even better. Just making sure this is for the salmon fly hatch and not for salmon fishing.

Joe I was looking forward to the Salmon fly myself. Ill fish the golden stone though when I head out to Idaho this summer.

You know, I had a day this summer where I hooked 15+ Chinook salmon on a salmon fly nymph. I only landed 2, but the salmon were taking salmon fly nymphs..... so it potentially could be a salmon fly swap for salmon

Hey guys it doesn't look like we will get anyone else to join but can we shoot for May 15th? I would love to get them in time to hit the Henry's. Let me know

Can do. What if we tied two since the swap is small (one to keep one to fish)

I believe it is six, although once I added namucreek I never heard back I will pm him and make sure he is in. if everyone wants to tie two I am fine with that but if some one can't no big deal. If so that would be twelve total

I tied up a dry and a nymph for each participant. I had them done before we decided to do 2 of the same pattern. Is everyone ok with that or would you rather have two of the same pattern so you can fish one and keep one? I can do either way.

I plan to do two different myself. I'm not one to save the flies but hope to use them for what they're designed for.