Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Kirk Dietrich

Spoons for KUDU

Speaking of liquid salt, the transit folks put so much salt on the DC Metro train platforms this Winter to keep the snow and ice off (presumably to help people walk), that no one can walk on it anymore. You have to slide your feet to prevent falling. Its too slippery from the salt! Talk about a bright bunch.

Sorry bout that Fisherboy, when I said our, I meant down here in South Louisiana.

My wife taught 6th graders that were 17 years old reading on a 1st grade level.

Kirk

Yeah the one I caught was last year before I moved to Georgia, I lived on the shores of beautiful lake George, in central Florida. The reds, flounder, shrimp, tarpon, Ladyfish, and jack crevalle( juveniles) would come in through the St. John's River, and always spiced up the bass fishing a bit, you never knew what you hooked( except for tarpon, they would usually break you off by immediately jumping!). That's very sad about those six graders, I wouldn't know what to do!

If I was still using casing and spinning gear I would still be using that stuff too. And yes I am an old timer.

Speaking of liquid salt, the transit folks put so much salt on the DC Metro train platforms this Winter to keep the snow and ice off (presumably to help people walk), that no one can walk on it anymore. You have to slide your feet to prevent falling. Its too slippery from the salt! Talk about a bright bunch.

Just wait until all that salt starts to corrode every piece of metal in sight. Hey, at least you've got the Metro - when I lived there, it was either ride a crowded bus or walk. Sometimes walking was faster during rush hour.