Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
kagisexton

My first post - Juvenille Tarpon on EP baitfish

I went out to Titusville the other day and found the baby Tarpon to be abnormally active. This was one of four that day on my confidence fly, my version of the black and purple EP baitfish fly.

post-52682-0-96495600-1396584105_thumb.png

post-52682-0-05735100-1396584412_thumb.jpg

Pretty fish ... good looking fly. Are you catching those in the tidal creeks and canals? I might have to finally try some salt water fishing if they are up in Daytona waters the same way!

Thanks! I am catching them is those flood control canals off the side of the road as well as completely land locked ponds 1/2 a mile from any saltwater. You just have to do some searching but most (definitley not all) of the canals and ponds from Daytona to Sebaysten inlet have mico Tarpon in them.

I will have to try that. Your fishing from the banks?

Welcome to the forum, great catch. Are fishing those deep canals along the side of the roads there? Do you ever get bass or snook there as well?

Thanks everyone! I really apprecaite the tying compliments and welcomes.

and as far as other fish in the canals, there is nothing but Gar and Tarpon, the water in too stagnant for eveything else.

North Merritt Island has a few areas as well for the babies. Hall rd. and Judson both have a lot of places to hunt for them and as kag said the only other fish are gar and maybe tilapia. I've heard some small snook are in them too but I have yet to see one. I did see about 40lb tarpon roll one day off Judson but don't think I would have stood a chance with a 5wt.

Welcome aboard. Great EP tie and good job on the baby poon. They are a blast!