Fly Tying
siestafred

"Mystery Fly" Swap Box Idea....

if he is in, then he can take my spot. hopefully i am going back to work this week, and have a feeling i am going to be a bit to busy to participate.

deschutesteelhead39, can have my spot if it is okay with everyone else. i just dont want to hold it up if i get to busy getting adjusted to going back to work.

Swappers,

"OK": now how do you want the flies ? ?

10 different patterns ?

5 patterns / 2@ ?

Or just a random sampling of tyes: 20 flies 2@ ?

I still need an address on where to ship the flies.

tidbit

How does this get started?

Random flies would be fine, do we have each fly tagged with our name?

Who do we connect with?

Have a good one.

Pat Carroll

Hey fellow swappers. Sorry about being so slow getting in touch. Fred has asked me to take the reins on this. Sounds like fun and an enthusiastic group. Deshutes, you are in as a replacement. For starters, I need each one of you to drop me an e-mail with your snail mailing addy. I will compile an e-mail list and put together a kick-off letter with some guidlines for how things can best work for everybody. Please e-mail me ASAP at [email protected]. Looking forward to the fun. -Jeff

Hi, Jeff here again. I have addresses and confirmation of participation from 7 of the 10 sign-ups. I still need to here from tidbit, trout traveler and smokeymountainstonefly. As soon as I get their e-mail addresses and mailing addys, I will send a group e-mail with the outline of how this will work. In preparation, you can get together your 10 flies and get them toe-tagged with your name and e-mail addy and a pattern name if you want. Please just use small pieces of paper (easy to make on your computer) and impale them on the hook. The tags with string are a beast when you get a whole mess of them in a box with fur, feathers and hooks. If you have them ready, go ahead and mail to me.

Jeff Frye

1000 Columbine Court

Lawrence, KS 66049

Also pick up one of those 2 Day Priority boxes from the post office that is the size to hold a video tape case and a 2 Day Priority stamp. you will need these when the box gets to you. Regular mail is fine for sending your initial flies to me. If things go well, we could have this thing in circulation by next weekend. Stay tuned. -Jeff

My flies are ready and will be sent monday.

I even tied a few new ones for ya'll, dont expect a masterpiece or anything though....I've only been tying a few months!

JF

dunno.gif I would just like to state that my flies were sent and recieved. I told Jeff just to go ahead and keep 'em himself. He mailed the box the same day that he got them. I feel a little wronged though, considering there was no due date and some of us have jobs that require us to travel for weeks at a time. No hard feelings, just wanted everyone to know that I did follow through on my part in sending the flies. The delay was at my office, our office admin., was obviously not in a rush to mail them for me while I was out of town. When I said that I had shipped them, it meant that I left them on his desk at the office.

Sorry Guys

Smokey

The box is heading my way and from the emails that I'm getting I should have it some time this week.

Art