Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
the_scotsman

PB carp

Interesting, great slob of a carp! My estimate is 15lb from the pics, never weighed a carp before tho so who knows.

Yep my initial thought but if its wide across the back it could well go 30. Here are two examples of commons gone 30lb. Very different initially to the eye.

first 30lb 5oz

UndisclosedVenue-CommonCarp30lbs5ozs_zps

then next one was smaller at 30lb 3

30lb_3oz_Keith_Newton_19_May_12_360px_zp

Must say sorry to the scotsman as it looks like we're (I am) trying to slate his fish but I know how good it is to land a PB and if the scales may be iffi its better testing them sooner than later.

Over 30lb for any fish is a hefty beast, and being a carp on fly would have been a fun time landing that...interesting from comparitive images, could well be 33. They obviously vary widely in shape and weight.

Yeah, I was quite shocked when my mate sent me the picture, it looks much smaller, but he's taken it from quite far away and above which doesn't help. Also the fish is against my body not held out in front.

I'd say it's a similarly proportioned fish to the first of piker's.

They aren't my fish. My PB only goes 19 on carp but they are a good example of body shapes.