Fly Tying

I am thinking it's time for a Wulff swap. I am open to any Wulff pattern at all. So far I have heard of or tied the Brown, the Black, the Blonde, the White, the Ausable, the Grizzly, the North Carolina, the Tennessee, The Grey, and of course, the Royal, and I am probably forgetting one or two, but I love them all. I am shooting for twelve of us to participate and it doesn't matter if someone says that they are in and ties the version that you want to tie because I always like to see the same fly tied by different tiers. So if we wind up with 3 royals, 3 greys, 2 grizzly's, 1 Ausable , 2 blacks and a blonde or whatever other combination then that is great with me. The same thing is expected in this swap as is in every other swap by being sure to toe tag each fly and include a stamped and self addressed envelope when you mail them out. I am not sure what to say about any international swapper that may be interested because I have tried to set up the PayPal thing twice and me and it just don't get along, or I am a computer idiot and am doing something wrong because I can't get it to work at all. If you are from across the big pond or north of the border or anywhere else on this spinning rock and want in then maybe we can work something out as far as the return postage is concerned, as long as it doesn't cost me my first born child or something. ( He would more than likely protest anyway and you wouldn't really want him because he is about 6 foot 3 inches and eats like a starving horse) I guess, since it is almost June and we are all really busy with catching fish, yard work and vacationing then a little extra time should be considered in so July 31 sounds like a reasonable amount of time I think. So, if you are interested in tying up some Wulff's just punch a few keys and say I am in and let us know what you are going to tie. I will try to get this thing going by saying that I am tying a Grey Wulff and hopefully eleven more of you will reply. Thanks and Take Care.

SM- Grey Wulff

2- Joseph Russell-Were Wulff

3- Shoebop-AuSable Wulff-received-

4- Vicrider-Royal Wulff (green floss instead of red)-received-

5- SullyTM-Left Coast Wulff received-

6- Flygirl-White Wulff-received-

7- DavidHE-Burnt Wulff-received-

8- Christopher K-Irresistible Wulff-received-

9- djtrout-Patriot Wulff-received-

10- rockworm-Grizzly Scraggly Wulff-received-

11- stilis-Royal Wulff -received-

12- atxdiscgolfer-Montana Wulff-received-

The Swap Is Full...Thanks for joining everyone

Ok I'm in. When are they due? I will be very busy the end of June thru the first week of July. The Ides of July or later would be fine for me. I'll let you know which Wulff pattern as soon as I do a little investigating.

Joseph- You are in on every swap lately. Good to see you old buddy. How's things over at that other forum? I check in every once in a while but don't see much activity anymore.

I am going to tie the Au Sable Wulff. I didn't know there were so many different Wulff patterns! I hope every one chooses a different pattern so we can see the variations. I had a hard time making up my mind and settling on just one pattern.

Hey shoebop good to see you to old friend lol . And not to much activity on swaps over there so here I be swaping here and all these swaps are so great its to irresistible to past up . I was gonna stop for a bit but then this one came up and I didn't have no wulff patterns in my box so I had to join. Thanks for the add netabrookie

That's fine with me Joseph. I considered doing that one myself but I have had such good fishing with a Grey Wulff that I just went with it.

I be in. Will look over some of the Wullf's a friend of mine has sent who ties the best ones in the country even if he denies it. He does a lot of shows and that's his specialty. I will probably do a pretty much straight forward Royal Wullf but using green floss instead of red. At least his are beautiful

Sounds like a plan to me Vicrider. It would be a Tennessee Wulff if it was lime green, but I imagine a deeper shade of green would look really good.

I would like to change mine to a Were Wulff pattern

What do you use for the fangs? Biot?

Glad to have you SullyTM. You all got me thinking about Joseph Russell's Were Wulff....when I get these in a shadow box I will have to remember to hang it away from a window so there is no chance of the fly seeing a full moon.