Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

Sculpin Patterns

I looking in to putting together one box with nothing but sculpin's in it. Does anyone have a pattern they would like to share. I'm looking for any type, hook, tube or shank.

Kevin

cut double salmon hook for a shank. someday I want to bump up to waddingtons!

wire 3 dark red transparent beads #2 red gamakatsu hook

skirt of flytiers dungeon H20 BAITFISH flash

skirt of the longest pheasant rump I had

body of rootbeer diamond braid palmered with a variant saddle hackle

wing of pheasant marabou tented with 2 short wide variant hackles

red dumbbell eyes wrapped with rootbeer pearl chenille

Check out ken morrish's Danny boy sculpin, best sculpin pattern I've seen in a while. Probably a pretty tough tie though

Kevin

You can click on the fly pattern database at the top of this page, and when it opens, select search, scroll down and type sculpin in the blank at the bottom, then search the archive. A page with a whole bunch of sculpin patterns will open. If you can't get to the database with the link on this page, go to the Hatches web page and enter it there. (There is a forum for Hatches articles... second one on the Forums page)

Kevin

You can click on the fly pattern database at the top of this page, and when it opens, select search, scroll down and type sculpin in the blank at the bottom, then search the archive. A page with a whole bunch of sculpin patterns will open. If you can't get to the database with the link on this page, go to the Hatches web page and enter it there. (There is a forum for Hatches articles... second one on the Forums page)

Thanks for your help. I know there are lots of patterns not in the date base. That's what im looking for.

Kevin

Or...some w/lead hour glass eyes, craft fur dubbed heads, saddle hackles for tails, w/couple lil flare feathers to improve profile....

IMG_00195.JPG

I really like those crawdads denduke. I think I'd like to take a shot at replicating those. Would you share your materials and methods for those?