Fly Tying

Today I went down to a cousins ponds here in Alabama, I didn't bring the long rod because I wasn't sure how grown up it was around the ponds, I caught one bass on a top water plug, and lost a HAWG on a black and blue tube, drag screamed all the way across the pond then she jumped and spit it out! :'( I walked up to the upper pond and saw it was open enough to fly fish, and had a nice dock. While tossing a baby bass colored crankbait, I saw a rather large carp! I was STOKED! I've been wishing they were in the area I live in in Georgia, and now I was watching one chase down my crankbait, which is wired, it would chase it until the last instant then turn and swim off, I then just put the rod down to watch him Hoover stuff up and he swam right into another one! I got pictures of them, I edited the photos to make it easier to see them, by turning the brightness down and the contrast up the fish really pops, I've tied up some flies and I hope to get out after them soon!

20EE7C37-9A56-43F1-97FB-D6165D3F7130_zps

266E2265-3104-4EFA-8EBA-821E912114C6_zps

Thats just an little goldfish in a bowl LOL. Nothing better than sight fishing for anyspecies but carp especially can be extremely picky when they choose to be.

I thought the same thing piker, in fact fact at first I thought it was a koi. If it is it's got no pattern, so I think it's a common but the stained wTer makes it look gold.

Gold fish are just fancy colored carp. Given room to grow, they'll get as big as any other carp. Now, those fancy bubble eyed gold fish, those can't live without help. They rarely make it in the wild.