Fly Tying
Mickalo

Indicator Nymph Leaders

Hello,

Came across a interesting nymph 2 fly rig by Kelly Galloup called a "Drop Shot Rig w/Adjustable Dropper" it calls for some HI-VIS Gold mono for the butt section but can't find it in any of our local retailers here that sell mono line. I was wondering if using something like a fabric paint to create marks on the leader for an indicator would work. I have some FL., Orange Fabric paint that I've used on flies and it holds up really well in water, last longer then the files do, in most cases. Would adding some small strips on the butt section of the leader, 1st 3 ft., cause any sort of problems to the leader? Or is there a better way to created an indicator leader for nymphing ?

Mike

SUFFIX ELITE comes in a hi-viz. its a chartreuse color.

I use it on my bobber pole & the secton of my leader the thingamabober goes on.

SUFFIX SIEGE is a stiffer line that would be better for leader butts.

it comes in an orange hi-viz.

I have trouble seeing oranges & reds so I don't use it.

I believe AMNESIA comes in multiple colors for hi-viz leader butts also

Bad Fish, very fimilar with Sufix lines used allot with my spinning reel gear didn't know they carried in a Hi-Vis Orange Color thanks of the info.

Heavynets, I found that Stren earlier today when check some other items out on Caleba's site I may order some. Be interesting to see how visible Gold is in the waters.

Mike