Fly Tying
HammerCreek

Clean Desk Challange

If you looked at your bench right now, how many flies could you tie from just the scraps? I came down to the bench the other morning and thought the same question so this week I'm going to find out. Since I'm giving them away with a Tacky Fly box at the end of the week I'm also trying to get some variety. If your interested in taking a guess to win here's a link to my site http://www.hammercreekflyfishing.com/blog/clean-bench-giveaway Otherwise I'm interested to hear how man flies your have in scraps!

post-49121-0-70828600-1403644644_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't even try to guess. I am a bit of a neat freak when it comes to things that can hurt my cats. I always clean up after I am done. There is never a "scrap" on my desk.

Your desk is positively neat compared to mine. I could tie more flies with the scraps in my waist troll than many people could tie with their material stocks.

post-12074-0-99102400-1403648268_thumb.jpg

I'm waiting for a reply from FEMA to my request for aid in cleaning up my desk. If I could find the materials on it, I might be able to give you a guess at how many flies I could tie with them.

I just a beginner so my tying station is small and modest.

Seriously, I found this pic on the web site for a firm that does custom kitchens. They were retained by a physician to do a custom fly fishing room.

post-52552-0-07998100-1403654041_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't even try to guess. I am a bit of a neat freak when it comes to things that can hurt my cats. I always clean up after I am done. There is never a "scrap" on my desk.

I go in waves some days are better than others. On the bad days the roll top comes in handy!

Looks like about 9 bakers dozens flies as compared to the fortnight it would take utyer to clear his desk, unless saltwater tarpon flies are all that's being tied. Isn't that clean tying room the same Hunters Angling supplies formerly of New Hampshire?

Utyer, I'm guessing that can of pledge on your desk is pretty full. LOL

LOL...Looks like that dust brush and dust pan has dust on them as well up in the right top corner...LOL...I've always been told a clean desk is a person that is not doing anything!

The Pledge is for cleaning reels, and the dust pan and broom are for the floor. The whole desk is in a closet, so when I walk away, I can just close the doors.

post-12074-0-81404000-1403661724_thumb.jpg

Mine is a sloppier version of utyers. Actually the whole little basement room that my tying stuff is in is pretty much a dumping ground of materials marginally organized. It would almost qualify as a Superfund site if I had more chemicals in it.

Steve

The Pledge is for cleaning reels, and the dust pan and broom are for the floor. The whole desk is in a closet, so when I walk away, I can just close the doors.

LOL...I am just razzing you...You do have a large inventory...My tying area is in my 12'x24' shop. I just installed a 10,000 btu air conditioner window unit in the wall. I got tired of sweat dripping off of me while I was tying. Plus I never could get my son out there because he kept saying it was to hot out there. Big wuss! Since I have the a/c installed he is taking more of an interest in all of this. I am beginning to see that the money just keeps going out since I have gotten into this hobby. Oh well I am having fun and you cannot take it with you!