Fly Tying
Saltybum

From the Saltwater Bench

Guest rich mc

didn't even try. mostly down there to visit the folks and leave my wife up in Illinois with 19 inches of snow . rich mc

rich mc

I'm not sure exactly what the stuff is called. Panama Red sent me a few little packs in different colors a while back. If I recall correctly he said it came from a fabric store. I've got red, green and a blonde/gold as well. Need to tie more stuff with it for sure.

post-44758-0-29162200-1423530711_thumb.jpg

Guest rich mc

ive been tying with gilt eyelash yarn for years now. it sure looked familiar. I make some gizzard shad imitations with it rich mc

You best be careful with that stuff if Panama sent it to you. It may not be legal. It is also probably something that Bruce Jenner is using. You gotta watch that fella. Sad to say but I also have some of that stuff that I picked up at Jo-Ann's. However, I just have yet to be able to bring myself to use it so you must keep us informed and how it works out for you.

If it's from Panama ... don't dig too deep into the bag. It might have one of those exploding dye packs in there.

I'm so glad to see Panama has a following as loyal Bruce Jenner's. Has anybody heard from him ( Panama not Bruce ) lately? Hope he's doing alright.

While I'm here...here's a few bait fish I tied recently while it's cold and blowing again.

First time I've done the purple and yellow. Will let you if it works. Third one down is more St. Bernard

post-44758-0-72805200-1423624989_thumb.jpg

Very nice baitfish! What is the material? Looks like slinky fiber. I have had some pretty good luck on purple and yellow, especially with the macks

I am more into the subdued, natural colors. I like the first and third ones.

No, I asked after Panama and SCOwens ... haven't heard from either of them in a long while.

getting excited for a trip in november so I started my first set of salt flies in the form of some kwan shrimp. tied on a size 6 sc15. Started out with just ep fibers and craft fur, then laser dub for the tail, then with laser dub around the eyes, and finally one tied with one piece of ep and the rest laser dub... they started out in the original way and morphed with the more drinks I had on the night. Pics are a sample of the group, original style with ep, then the laser dub

post-54693-0-44218400-1424701448_thumb.jpg

post-54693-0-62219800-1424701509_thumb.jpg

post-54693-0-55331200-1424701546_thumb.jpg