Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bigfoot

Baby Bunker Bay Anchovy floater flies

I would like to learn how to tie these types of flies but cannot find a source to show how to tie them. I am looking for a book you tube video or dvd. Any help would be great. Thanks

Not sure what you're looking for but have you tried crease flies? I don't use them myself, but lot of anglers do. A Tabory's snake fly will also swim in the surface film if you make the head big and tight. How about a picture?

I'm with Pete on the Crease Fly for a floating Baby Bunker and for a floating Bay Anchovy made easily use E Z Body tubing with some foam inside. The tubing takes a marker very well and a marabou tail gives it life.

Thanks for all of the help. The fly type would use mylar tubing and foam. Does anyone know of a source to learn how to tye that type of fly? It seems like an easy tie but I always like to read or watch an example before I give it a try.

Just cut out a couple of identical fish shapes from craft foam, glue them together onto the shank, pull the tubing over it, tie down at both ends, and coat with epoxy or whatever. Piece of cake. Lots of ways to do it and that's one of them. Also, using hollow doll's eyes is a good way to add buoyancy to any fly. If you dig around Youtube, there are probably 100 videos that'll show you ways to do it.