Fly Tying
Fisherboy0301

Most beautiful place I've ever fished.

Hey Mike ...did you learn that at Reelfoot? that was how the locals did it.....I too, just love small streams. If you go back to the spot just below the dam when it gets cold you will catch a bunch of fish. I am talking late fall or even early winter. Dead of winter may be to cold. Just when it is cold enough that your hands get stiff but you can stand it without gloves. Every fish with in a hundred yards down stream will be there. Fish deep and slow. Let me know and I will go with you.

About the slick rocks. If you are wet wading either get some wading boots with felt bottoms or get some shoe goo and glue some carpet to the bottoms of some old tennys. You will not longer know was a slick rock is. The wading boot is the best option. put a pair of gravel guards on the top and no sand or pebbles will get in to hurt your feet which is a major problem with tennys. Take it from an old man...get the wading boots..

Wonderful post Fisherboy! That is a beautiful little stream. However, I've found that beauty is everywhere you look for it!

A fellow I work with once commented about a section of tidal marsh as we crossed over the bridge & the creek that the marsh surrounded. He said there was "nothing there".

IMO, a marsh or swamp can as beautiful as a mountain stream if you look for it. All have their own type of beauty! smile.png

The most beautiful place I've fished is the Yudoma River (Far Eastern Russia)

Awesome! How do you even get there? Talk about being in the middle of nowhere! You're a lucky man!