Fly Tying
Mickalo

BassPro's White River Fly Shop online

Hello,

I recently found out that BassPro open a new online shop, White River Fly Shop Fly, guess it's an extension of BassPro. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the White River fly fishing products I see they have some nice prices on Rods & Reels, Leaders and accessories. I used to buy allot of BassPro products back when I did allot of conventional fishing with spinning rods years ago. But haven't tried any of these fly fishing equiment. Hoping to get some feedback if you've used the White River fly fishing products.

Thanks,

Mike

It's not new ... been there for as long as BPS has. I have several of the rods and reels and I am happy with all of them.

Rods:

one ... 8 foot 5 weight Cricket

one ... 8 foot 5 weight Dogwood Canyon (my favorite production rod so far)

one ... 9 foot 7 weight Intruder

Reels, all my manual reels are White river reels.

three ... small arbor 5/6 line

two ... large arbor, a 5/6 and a 7/8 line

The reels have an adjustable drag, which I only use to set for pulling line off without over running the spool. On the intake direction, they spin freely enough to pull several feet of line just by flicking the reel with your hand. If you've watched my videos, you'll see me doing this on one or two of them.

I do not know if they would stand up to a 15 minute fight with a monster fish, as I don't use the reel to fight fish. But other than that, I like my White River equipment.

Thanks for the feedback. going to check it out this weekend in more depth, Looking for a nice 4wt outfit.

The White River Fly shop has it's own online shop now kind of separate from BassPro. Maybe I just never noticed it before. I know they list White River products on BP site but this is the first time I've seen a separate online store from BP's site.

Mike

I've bought a lot of White River fly tying materials, over the years. There's nothing wrong with them. In fact, I've managed to get some unusual stuff there, like a patch of real badger skin, and both red fox and gray fox. The selection changes, of course, but it's a decent fly shop.

Thanks for the feedback. going to check it out this weekend in more depth, Looking for a nice 4wt outfit.

The White River Fly shop has it's own online shop now kind of separate from BassPro. Maybe I just never noticed it before. I know they list White River products on BP site but this is the first time I've seen a separate online store from BP's site.

Mike

Oh ... I'll have to check that out. I didn't know there was an independent site for White River, either.

I've had one of their Hobbs Creek reels for years. Darn nice reel for $40. Got it with a TFO rod at an in store special for $90. I've also used their waste high waders and have been pleased with them.

If you are ever in Springfield,MO be sure to stop in their home store and also stop in the catalog store next door. It's more than a catalog store. They sell a lot of their store returns out of there at greatly reduced prices. A lot of it only has a minor blemish or may be brand new but was just returned because someone got it as a gift and traded it in on something else.