Fly Tying

Fished the morning with Senkos at the local community pond. Went back this afternoon. Brought fly fishing gear; caught Sunfish, Bass, and Bluegill. Fun stuff!

Thanks mikechell! Was able to get out today and get a quick trip in this evening. Had a flat tire, the shop fixed it quickly, passed a pond on the way home. So... might as well stop and fish. Used a size 12 COAF Guadalupana and caught a Bass and a Sunfish. Only two fish but was good to get away during the work week!

Made a run across the border to Oklahoma's Blue River for Rainbow Trout; limited out as well as caught and released a lot more. Fun stuff... video to follow later.

Looking forward to the video. I'm gonna have to give Blue River a shot soon. In went to mountain fork but only fished the upper for smallies.

Was trout the only thing you caught at Blue?

Thanks Knuckledragger! Trout were the only fish caught this round. Do give the Blue River a try. Trout Derby is next weekend, so it will get busy but there is a Catch and Release section that others have reported on with good results!

Only two Rainbow Trout this time; Trout Derby on the Blue River was in progress. Others did better... did get some video of a couple of nice ones lurking in pockets! Fun stuff!

Weather forecast at the start of the week indicated rain and cold temps for Saturday. Later in the week, forecast changed to no rain and temps in the 30s-40s. Decided to make another run across the border for more fun trout fishing on the Blue River. Limited out and caught/release more. Took a little bit to figure out a pattern... Fun stuff!

Thanks for the video! Wow that's just a few hours drive for me. I'll have to keep that place in mind for future outings. Looks like a beautiful place for a get away...

Thanks mikechell and add147. Learned from another fisherman that one trout was a Brook Trout.. here is a 5 second video clip of it. First Brook Trout for me!