Fly Tying

When rain approaches, I decide to go fishing. After a ling dry spell of no rain, I go for a quick trip with the ultralight baitcaster for bait finesse fishing. In short order, it starts pouring. No worries, the bass were biting!

5 hours ago, mikechell said:

I believe that's the largest bass I've seen you catch.  Nice!!!

Thanks! The bigger ones are nice.

Brief livestream with fishing updates on what we have been going recently as well as are plans for next week! Can you say saltwater fishing!

Great start to our trip to the Texas Coast, fishing the Galveston Fishing Pier in 2022! Steady action on sand trout, hardheads and gaff top... with a nice 41 inch redfish to spice things up. Even broke out the ultralight baitcaster and the tandem rigged spec rigs for sand trout under the lights. Do stay tuned for more!

Here is a brief demo of the technique we used fishing for Sand Trout this past week at Galveston Fishing Pier. Slow reel, trout mouths lure, feel pressure (resistance), set hook! Do give it a try... should work for Speckle Trout, too. Let us know if it works for you, too!

Fly Fishing Tips from the Little Red Book of Fly Fishing | Podcast 42, Episode 23

Episode 23 in the "Little Red Book of Fly Fishing" podcast series where I review fly fishing tips....

This round it's tips 106 through 109!
Tip 106: Fish Like Changes
Tip 107: Depressing Advice
Tip 108: The Shadow Knows
Tip 109: Watch for the Flash

Do check back on our next episode in the series where we discuss tips 110 - 113 .
Tip 110: You Got to Pick a Pocket (or Two)
Tip 111: Rock On
Tip 112: Pillow Talk
Tip 113: Rob the Banks

Good Luck and Good Fishing!

On 8/22/2022 at 10:42 AM, Jenkins said:

Hello folks, did anyone have experience with Lake Texoma in TX? Some folks I've used to study with invited me for a weekend to fish there.
Been wondering since my folks invited me for a weekend to fish there, I've read it's pretty good for bass from https://blog.gritroutdoors.com/top-7-places-for-fishing-in-texas/

Check fshng84 post in this thread from Aug 2. (and before)

Have a number of videos from past trips for Texoma and Denison Dam, tailrace to Texoma.

Here is a playlist to Texoma/Denison.

Here is a playlist for Texoma Kayak Fishing...

The Team's annual fishing trip the Texas Coast is in the books. We fished the Galveston Fishing Pier for four days and came away with several Personal Bests with a 41 inch Redfish, a 38 inch Redfish, a 33 inch Black Drum, and a 54 inch Black Tip Shark! Do check out the video as I summarize the Team's fishing fun and point out several lessons learned to keep at the ready next trip!

See video....

Fly Fishing Tips from the Little Red Book of Fly Fishing | Podcast 43, Episode 24

Episode 24 in the "Little Red Book of Fly Fishing" podcast series where I review fly fishing tips....

This round it's tips 110 through 113!
Tip 110: You Got to Pick a Pocket (or Two)
Tip 111: Rock On
Tip 112: Pillow Talk
Tip 113: Rob the Banks

Do check back on our next episode in the series where we discuss tips 114 - 117 .
Tip 114: Rosenbauer's Rules
Tip 115: Be the Tree
Tip 116: Nervous Water
Tip 117: Your Fly Rod Cannot See

Good Luck and Good Fishing!

Premieres tonight at 6:30PM Central, August 31, 2022 at COAF Field Team.