Fly Tying

Had other non-fishing things to do today but was able to go for a quick trip to the local pond later in the morning. Used a Switch Rod and missed two Bass. Did manage to finally hook into one and get a picture of it before letting it go. Fun stuff!

Tried a new place this round. Headed to Davis, Oklahoma to Turner Falls Park. The River was stocked recently with Rainbow Trout; decided to give it a try. Did catch three that were nice sized ranging from 14"-16" in size. That said, had already limited out, so the two larger ones were caught and released. No video of the last and largest one other than one posted on a facebook page.

I didn't know Turner falls was stocked with trout. That's cool! How crowded was the area? In the summertime the place is a dump, and packed with people who have no respect for the outdoors. It turns into a big communal bathtub for dirty city folk.

Including myself, there were only three fishing. Else, the morning has a few sightseers checking things out. The afternoon more people showed but non were fishing. Think most were looking at the Waterfall.

The place is really pretty. Ever fish the Chickasaw National Recreation Area in Sulfer? Another nice place. Not stocked with trout but I've caught some nice brim and bass in some of the holes there.

Back to Turner Falls in Oklahoma again. Went yesterday and limited out; caught and released a lot more. Video is longer than normal but lots of action to capture including a nice Bruiser. Water was less than 2 feet deep and it was hovering in the current. Looked at my several times and even nudged it once. Else, it was still there when I left.

Been posting fishing trips for Rainbow Trout in Oklahoma lately. That said, also like cooking and eating them, too. Here is a recipe that I tried this Season. It's a chance of pace from the normal pan frying that I have done in other Seasons. So far, the fish have come out tasty! "Grilled Plank Trout Recipe"

title001.png

On the road today. Stopped in College Station, Texas for a quick stop. Took the 4 weight fly rod out and started casting for Trout that were stocked in a small pond. No action shots; just a quick clip to show the small pond and proof that at least one trout was caught from it this Season. Till next time! Video Clip