Fly Tying

Okay ... that micro rod looks pretty cool. Be a neat little rig for those trips with the Wife ... when you don't want her to know you plan on fishing.

Or for bikers and hikers. I don't know if I'll be getting one, but it does look neat.

It does fit easily in backpacks, book bags, glove compartment... main goal was to see if this thing can catch fish - big or small. Saw one online that went for $250+. to pricey for something I was not sure of. Rather pay $24 and make mods to it. So far, I like it!

I made one change... changed the fly line and was able to get longer casts. The nail knot I was using kept hanging up on the rod guides. Tried it out and was able to catch little Bass, Bluegill, and Sunfish. Today's Video.

Had an appt. at VA clinic today and had my 6wt in the truck in anticipation of hitting the salt flats first. That didn't happen so after my appt. I decided to toss a fly in the retention pond next to the parking lot. Caught a dink bass on a minnow fly then switched to a popper and got this little bucket mouth on the first cast. Made my day!

post-44758-0-10944500-1423529920_thumb.jpg

Had a tough round at yesterday. Struck out on Trout. Although did see others limiting out. Saw lots of flying insects and rising trout. No luck... did at least play with the little Bluegill on the Micro Fly Rod! Yesterday's Post.