Fly Tying

On 5/4/2021 at 3:24 PM, fshng84 said:

Easy bluegill fishing fly | Foam Rectangle Fly?

Pond fishing with the 4wt Fly Rod and Reel! Wanted to try a simple fishing fly that did not require lots of material!

Took a rectangle cutout of 2mm closed cell foam and tied it on to a size 12 hook. Added legs... then fished it to a bed of Bluegill.

It works!

Here is a YouTube Shorts quick tie video of the simple fishing fly pattern that uses a rectangle shaped foam body and is tied into two body segments. Simple pattern that works on Bluegill and Bass. Do check back on a Simpler pattern tied the same way but only one body segment!

This is the even easier but still effective Simpler Foam Fly... same rectangle closed cell foam, just slight shorter; red dacron tying thread, and rubber legs. Has only one body segment instead of two, fast and simple to tie! 

YouTube Shorts video catching a Bass while fishing a Simpler Foam Fly in the weeds with the 4 wt fly rod! Will get full video posted later...

Why I Keep a Simpler Foam Fly in the Fly Box... Catches Fish!

Here is the full video from the earlier post! Started the trip intending to test another simple fly pattern. But, was stopped short when I lost the fly after hooking a fish.

No worries, had the Simpler Foam Fly in the fly box. Tied it on the 4wt combo and caught and released a few Bluegill and Bass!

Will try another test after I get another one tied... stay tuned!