Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

July flies from the bench

Some might say there's too much stuff on the hook ;--0.

We don't know how it got the name "Canadian Killer" since the fly has it's roots in the States. Anyways.....

003_zpse8432bcc.jpg

Been finding lots and lots of golden and brown stone flies on my screen door lately and had good luck with stimulators last few times out so I tied up some up today. They look pretty good I think.

I tied up a bunch more of the yellow and brown ones than pictured but they were already in the box. The black ones are not really meant to imitate anything I ever see here but it thought they would look cool and may be good for fishing. So why not.

post-52247-0-26880800-1404868417_thumb.jpg

Tied up some Roberts Brown Hackle Drakes yesterday for an order. This is a classic Michigan dry fly designed by Clarence Roberts around 1952. For those unaware, Clarence was a game warden and lived near the town of Grayling.

0i81.jpg

I have to ask, What is the wing made of, is that from a hen neck? Buy the way, that is a really classic looking fly. I really like it. Doug Stout

I have to ask, What is the wing made of, is that from a hen neck? Buy the way, that is a really classic looking fly. I really like it. Doug Stout

That is an impressive tie.

Novabass...

Nice fly...I bet it will twist your line though.

I love your website. :)

This fly takes a spot right there with the fly I tied in post #47 (Canadian Killer).
One of my favorites, the "Dr. Mummy".......

002_zpse70a683a.jpg

That is an impressive tie.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the compliments! Yes Doug, the wings are made from hen neck.

Actually, I haven't noticed it twisting my line Shoebob. I'll pay more attention to that next time I'm casting it.

This fly takes a spot right there with the fly I tied in post #47 (Canadian Killer).
One of my favorites, the "Dr. Mummy".......

002_zpse70a683a.jpg

Very very nice indeed!

Tied up some Roberts Brown Hackle Drakes yesterday for an order. This is a classic Michigan dry fly designed by Clarence Roberts around 1952. For those unaware, Clarence was a game warden and lived near the town of Grayling.

0i81.jpg

Beautiful fly! Just absolutely beautiful!!!!

For the carp fly fishermen out there...enjoy the McTage's Trouser Worm! Seriously, how can you go wrong with a name like that one???

TC

What do you call a cat that gets in the way of a fly photo?

Dubbing.

The original and still the best (both of them) A little indulgence to celebrate.

Klink_0001_zpsf97825fa.jpg

Cheers,

C.