Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eide

August flies from the bench

Some wooden beads fell of my wives jeans(Honest) so had a bit of fun with these. Size 10

Just like downtown! :)

Having recently relocated back to my childhood home, I have had to stash away my half a dozen boxes filled with classic steelhead wets and spey's into the bottom drawer of the tying bench for another time and place - perhaps when I am long gone, they will end up in a curators collection. I pulled out a dozen of my trout boxes and started to re-organize them for the hatches and conditions that I would encounter on my new home waters. I get to fish almost everyday on a gold medal trout stream so I have a chance to start a new fishing log book and discover different hatch timing or particular flavors that the trout prefer.

Here are some of the most effective patterns that I have used in the past thirty days.

redquilMicromay.jpg

PinkCahill.jpg

GreenPapayFB.jpg

blackDiamondBeauty.jpg

twilightSuperPeacockCaddis.jpg

More info here...

I like the "bowtie" system, Flytire. Do you use a bead on the leader, or just tie a knot big enough to keep it from passing back through the eye?

I Have tried these my self but they just did not do it for me. I just used a knot.

Nicely tied.

I like the "bowtie" system, Flytire. Do you use a bead on the leader, or just tie a knot big enough to keep it from passing back through the eye?

Having recently relocated back to my childhood home, I have had to stash away my half a dozen boxes filled with classic steelhead wets and spey's into the bottom drawer of the tying bench for another time and place - perhaps when I am long gone, they will end up in a curators collection. I pulled out a dozen of my trout boxes and started to re-organize them for the hatches and conditions that I would encounter on my new home waters. I get to fish almost everyday on a gold medal trout stream so I have a chance to start a new fishing log book and discover different hatch timing or particular flavors that the trout prefer.

Here are some of the most effective patterns that I have used in the past thirty days.

More info here...

That is some great tying!

dryfly.me_.2014.08.06.vaskebjorn-1024x68

Hook: Daiichi 2546 #6
Thread: UNI 6/0 Black
Hackle: Whiting Rooster Saddle Grizzly (1 feather used for the fly)
Body: The Fly Co Seals Fur Red/Black dubbing, A.Jensen Saltwater Dub ll White

Vaskebjørn, for seatrout

Halfdunn ... have you fished those wooden bead flies? They look pretty good, I'm waiting to hear how they work in the water.

Halfdunn ... have you fished those wooden bead flies? They look pretty good, I'm waiting to hear how they work in the water.

No just tied them today. I will give them a swim and see what happens. Could be a while though as our waters have been suffering due to high water tempretures.

The knot + the breathers cannot pass thru the eye