Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eide

September flies from the bench

By the looks of the box of flies Kimo's got, he plans on doing some still water lake fishing. By the looks of those flies it will be a good day too. I love a nice looking box of flies, and that is definitely a good looking box of flies. The jointed nymph's look great. Do you plan on using the chironomids as a dropper behind the jointed nymph?

I swear I see a couple of sow bugs or scuds hiding in there too. Can't tell what the streamer in the upper corner is. I'm sure it is probably awesome too. GREAT LOOKING BOX! Curious? Where you going with that box? What water do you plan to use it on?

SILK,

The flies are for Spinney, Aurora Res. and Quincy.

The chironomids are definitely for Spinney.

The scuds are an experiment using a different technique for adding legs.

The mini-streamer in the top right corner is an unfinished articulated perch for Aurora Res. I need to add airbrushed vertical stripes.

The jointed nymphs are my version of Burk's Aggravator that has been articulated. The fly made my spring/summer chasing smallies.

Glad you like the flies!

Mahalo,

Kimo

By the looks of the box of flies Kimo's got, he plans on doing some still water lake fishing. By the looks of those flies it will be a good day too. I love a nice looking box of flies, and that is definitely a good looking box of flies. The jointed nymph's look great. Do you plan on using the chironomids as a dropper behind the jointed nymph?

I swear I see a couple of sow bugs or scuds hiding in there too. Can't tell what the streamer in the upper corner is. I'm sure it is probably awesome too. GREAT LOOKING BOX! Curious? Where you going with that box? What water do you plan to use it on?

SILK,

The mini-streamer in the top right corner is an unfinished articulated perch for Aurora Res. I need to add airbrushed vertical stripes.

The jointed nymphs are my version of Burk's Aggravator that has been articulated. The fly made my spring/summer chasing smallies.

Glad you like the flies!

Mahalo,

Kimo

Kimo,

It is always a pleasure to see what you have either tied yourself or your fantastic photography. OUTSTANDING on all accounts...

-J-Kno

(aka Judson)

Kimo,

It is always a pleasure to see what you have either tied yourself or your fantastic photography. OUTSTANDING on all accounts...

-J-Kno

(aka Judson)

Thanks Judson!

This is a peek at what those articulated baby perch look like.

1540340_10151932679002003_429613883_o.jp

Kimo

Kimo,

-J-Kno

(aka Judson)

Thanks Judson!

Kimo

WOW!!! Wonderful tying!!! Great job indeed...

I call this Supercluster. I've been working on it and adding to it for over a year now.

ytiIBx.jpg

Paul, that fly is sick!!!! Man I got to get off my butt and start tying some articulated flies. I'm kind of pre-occupied. I got a toy. Check it out. Yea, It's official, full bore mid life crisis. LOL. Again, that is as good as it gets buddy! I think the bars on the head go great with the barred feathers

post-19822-0-41602900-1411047114_thumb.jpg

I call this Supercluster. I've been working on it and adding to it for over a year now.

So ... I guess ordering a dozen would be out of the question. I'd probably be dead by the time I received them.

If you DO fish it ... I hope something equally impressive goes after it.

Kimo,

-J-Kno

(aka Judson)

Thanks Judson!

Kimo

Like I said, NOTHING looks cooler then a nice box of flies. This is clearly "case and point"!!!!!!!!! Beautiful, colorful, professional, organized, perfect!!!! Eye candy!!!!!

Small mix for the end of season; sedge and loch, emerger style flies.

Sept14023_zps4e3a120e.jpg

I have a question for you Piker. I am curious about the ones with bright colored hackles. What kind of fish are you targeting with those and how successful are they? The reason I ask is that I have tied a number of soft hackles/flymphs like them but rarely do they entice a trout. I have had some limited success with panfish, however.

Hah, thanks Doug, I appreciate it! Awesome looking new toy man! You are rocking it!

@mikechell

Haha, nice! Actually I have fished it, but in-between tweaks. It is doing fine for bass, but I need to get it into the mouths of other species.

Shoebop, the blue ones are definitely effective for sea run browns. All the other shades are for rainbows or browns. Our waters are mostly peat stained so golds, orange, reds, yellows all score well. The blues will also have a swim on a rainbow water, all (most) uk rainbows are stocked so they tend to be more aggressive and hit a better range of flies than a natural brown might.

COMBOBAETISSH_zps8d4fd841.jpg

COMBO BAETIS SH – Alec Jackson Chironomid Trout Fly Hook, #17…

K-BAETISEMERGERS_zpsb8b247c1.jpg

K-BAETIS EMERGERs (Olive) – Daiichi 1160,1167, #20...

PT/TB

SILK,

Glad you like the flies!

Mahalo,

Kimo

Kimo, I googled the reservoir's you mentioned and Spinney sounds very interesting. I usually don't go north enough to fish Quincy or Aurora. I leave Colorado Springs and head for Buena Vista area. Go right past Lake George and over Wilkerson Pass. I've fished Eleven Mile Res. and Eleven mile canyon to Lake George. Beautiful drive too. I never tried Spinney. Next time I will. Once while driving the road from Lake George to Eleven Mile Damn (Eleven Mile Canyon) I saw a fly fisherman that had taken a butt ride down the river. I'll never forget how big his eyes were. Swept him away. That's some fast water in the narrow spots. I wandered how far he was taken before he got out. SCARY! You fall in, your going for a ride!! Buy the way , he was fine. When I saw him, he was walking back up the road with his wife. Sopping wet, no rod, no hat, eyes as big as silver dollars, and friken cold. (I did not take this photo of Eleven Mile Canyon)

post-19822-0-31895600-1411138375_thumb.jpg