Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eide

September flies from the bench

I call this Supercluster. I've been working on it and adding to it for over a year now.

ytiIBx.jpg

that loos amazing! great for pike and muskie! would you be able to share the material list. looks like lazer dub, buck tail, shlappen, and some other things.

The Light Cahill is one of my favorite dry flies of all time, both to tie and fish. During this tutorial, I show the various techniques for this classic Catskill pattern, one that I recommend fishing in faster currents and pocket water.

TC

Piker: I haven't fished these yet, but fish it like a squd. Small rapid drags and let it drift a bit, then drag it back up again. The orange/red dubbing is also UV, so it will have a nice glow in the water!

COMBOBAETISSHGRP_zpsa356a416.jpg

COMBO BAETIS SHs – Alec Jackson Chironomid Trout Fly Hook, #17…

FALLBAETIS2014_zpsf60d228e.jpg

BAETIS/ BWO BOX – FALL 2014…Done

PT/TB

Something a little simpler than I've been doing of late. Hope I can use these on some grayling sometime...

Two strands of wire (Yellow / Chartreuse or Yellow / Brown), Tying thread, and a coat of Diamond Hard.

WWBugs_0002_zps8132114a.jpg WWBugs_0001_zps28637b6d.jpg

...If I ever get to go fishing again.

Cheers,

C.

Something a little simpler than I've been doing of late. Hope I can use these on some grayling sometime...

Two strands of wire (Yellow / Chartreuse or Yellow / Brown), Tying thread, and a coat of Diamond Hard.

WWBugs_0002_zps8132114a.jpg WWBugs_0001_zps28637b6d.jpg

...If I ever get to go fishing again.

Cheers,

C.

Those are righteous!!! Great work on the weave.

Thanks Cheech, All you have to do is tie way too many of them! (Once tied 1000 woven nymphs for a friend to sell on a stall at a show. When he got back he told me, "It was really slow going on the stall, so we gave them away to attract people". I said "You can give them away, but I don't", and presented my bill.)

Having just had a troll on another forum saying that resin, wire and thread don't constitute a fly I replied with this. Resin and thread only!

ThreadNymph_zps5e78ae65.jpg

Cheers,

C.

Having just had a troll on another forum saying that resin, wire and thread don't constitute a fly I replied with this. Resin and thread only!

Cheers,

C.

That troll was correct though ... they don't constitute a "fly" in this case. But they do constitute a fantastic looking nymph.

Thanks Cheech, All you have to do is tie way too many of them! (Once tied 1000 woven nymphs for a friend to sell on a stall at a show. When he got back he told me, "It was really slow going on the stall, so we gave them away to attract people". I said "You can give them away, but I don't", and presented my bill.)

ThreadNymph_zps5e78ae65.jpg

Cheers,

C.

Excellent. I saw that post and chimed in... I guess you could call it chiming in. There are some know-it-alls over there that like to argue pointless jibberish.