Fly Tying
Li'lDave

I really need more flats flies - the swap

Due date 30 November 2014.

Standard rules.... I'm Australian so postage is important.... paypal, GB pounds or US dollars accepted (to help me participate in future swaps).

Please include toe tags (I'm a serial offender I know).

6 tiers including myself, and everyone ties 10 flies (so we all end up with 2 of everyone else's pattern)... You won't get your own back.

The ties must be suitable for fishing on the flats. Target doesn't matter although I will ask you to specify what the primary target is for your tie. For something different please also provide a materials list for your tie, maybe with an explanation of any tricky bits.

SM - Marabou shrimp (#1/0 SL12S, flatwaxed nylon thread (orange), medium lead eyes, pink marabou feathers, grizzle hackle, and glass beads melted onto 45lb schneider for the shrimp eyes) Targets: golden trevally and painted sweetlip/ blue bastard). READY TO FISH

2. Atxdiscgolfer - Mono Mullet -- ARRIVED

3. Mcgx2 - Docky's Shrimp -- ARRIVED

4. Agn54 - Glass Minnow -- As good as in the mail!!

5. Vicrider - Bonefish Bitters -- Arrived

6. Horseshoes - Red Flats Shrimp -- Arrived

post-22241-0-99285600-1411736465_thumb.jpg

Giddy up!

I'm in with a glass minnow imitation used for trout, mackerel, and pretty much anything else the feeds on the flats

I will get in with the Bonefish Bitters. Will have to see what I've got left in saltwater hooks to make sure it'll work but think I have enough 6 to do them.

Just to clarify everyone... 6 tiers, including myself... tie 10 flies so everyone gets 2 of each tie, and we don't get our own back.

I've been off work this week... so I have been practising, and well.... I'm ready to go....

If you're good boys and girls I have also been experimenting with a crab pattern we use here on golden trevally (and permit)... they take a bit of time and effort so I might tie an extra one for everyone.

Ummm... incentive???

A ghost crab... tied on a 1/0 light guage mustad circle hook... ep fibre. . A little marabou for the mouth parts... hackle for the nippers.. and small lead eyes.

One more swapper. ...

post-22241-0-47625100-1411725850_thumb.jpg

Red flats shrimp (attractor) - size 8 hook, red seal fur, Ivory nickel dub, grizzly feathers and chain eyes.
Target - bonefish, for sure.

Yes yes yes....

Can't think of anyone better to close out this swap....

Let's get to it... As per first post the due date is late November.