Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Tee Nootsie Brasseau

Allons a la peche!!!!

Nice colors Tee.

Silk, I believe the late Tony Accardo of Accardo Tackle in Baton Rouge, Louisiana originated or at least popularized this shaped bug and called it the Round Dinny. Mine which Fla put a link to is pretty much like the original except I used a tuft of rabbit for the tail instead of rayon fibers and tied in the legs behind the head instead of threading them through the head like Mr. Accardo did.

Great pattern especially with the legs. Using a larger ball, they make a great bass and redfish fly as well.

Kirk

Bonjour Stan. My best to do. I make all bodies myself. I use feather and fur from Louisiana that I entrap. Only things I send away for is hooks. I order flash and sometimes I trade flies for materials twice or once also too. All handmade and painted by careful . Tee

Bonjour Tee, those are some good looking heads and will surely excite the patasa and put a bend in your rod and meal on the table! Nice mess of patasa in the pic above too. Where in Louisiana do you fish?

Kirk

Kirk I reside in Pierre Part Louisiana. In Lake Verret I fish, Belle River, Grassy lake, spillway and waters connected to. For speck and red fish its not a far from Point au Chend, Lake Mechant and Bayou Black area. I tye for float clubs that fish Grand Isle area in a Kayack. Bayou Lafourche is full of beacoup grand rouge. Tee