Fly Tying
breambuster

November Swap Club

I'll be tying a Cate's Turkey Nymph. I've been successful with it in smaller sizes. I should have them done and in the mail this weekend.

mcgx2

Well, guys, we have received all kinds of flies from Vicrider. Two sets of 2 flies each and they are ALL awesome! Thanks, Vic. PM coming forthwith, Vicrider!!

Take care

BB

We received 2 AWESOME sets of flies from Fishingbobnelson today. Bob, you are going to HAVE to tell me how you died the bodies on the McGinty. Those are the neatest attempt at that pattern I have ever seen!

Take care

BB

Breambuster, I actually remembered to go to the post office this morning so the flies have started their journey.

cjhooker, you have stumbled upon what is basically a closed group. The Swap Club is a group of guys who began in January of this year, doing a fly swap every month. The present cycle will end in December and unless there is a vacancy caused by someone dropping out, there are no openings. It may be that someone else, besides me, will take over and run the swap club again next year. If you're interested keep watching the board beginning about mid December or a bit before and if someone announces the swap club for next year, ask to join. In the meantime, there are other swaps opening up all the time. Keep watching the main board right here, the Swap Forum, and if you see one you're interested in, just post and ask to join. Almost all of them are open to all comers. If you have further question, I will be glad to do anything I can to help you get started.

Take care

Breambuster

After tying up a few patterns I decided on the Kings River Caddis. They'll be in the mail tomorrow, so they should hopefully arrive Friday or Saturday.

Hey Guys, I'm a little late with the report on newly arriving flies. I've been a bit distracted today. I and my beloved S-10 which I bought new and put more than 201,000 miles on tangled with a tractor-trailer today and we came in second best. He hit me on the rear driver's side corner on a rain-slickened highway as I was making a right turn, spun me around and rolled my pickup. It finally came to rest on the passenger's side door in the middle of the side road that I was turning on to. I had to climb up out of the driver's side door which was facing the sky using the seat backs, console & etc as steps to climb on. But luckily, the EMS guys checked me out and found no injuries. I'm sore tonight, but other than that, I think I'm OK.

I called the truck driver tonight to check on him and learned that his supervisor let him go because of the accident. I inquired and learned that he has a 3 year old daughter. I'm going to call his supervisor tomorrow and ask him to reconsider his decision to let the guy go. Jobs aren't easy to come by in our area and this guy has a 3 year old daughter who is dependent upon him. It was raining this morning and the roads were slick. He said that his brakes locked and he skidded into me and that the truck pulled to the right while he was trying to avoid me by turning left. He did everything he could to avoid the accident and I would like to see him get another chance. If that doesn't work, he has heard that Fedex may be looking for drivers. To paraphrase, "Pray if you've got 'em" that things will work out for him. His name is Terry.

At any rate, when I got home, there were 3 sets of flies in the mail for us. There is a great set of flies from Border Collies which you are all going to enjoy fishing. There is another great set from mcgx2 that are going to drive the fish nuts, and last, but certainly not least, there are some great flies from Netabrookie who NEVER turns in a good set, because they are always excellent! Over the past few months, he has gifted me with all kinds of extras since I'm just getting into trout fishing and this set was no exception. Thanks to all 3 of you for the extras.

Take care

BB

Breambuster, I'm glad to hear that you are ok after your accident. A S-10 and a tractor-trailer aren't an even match at all. If you decide to play bumper cars in the future you might consider tangling with a Ranger or a Dakota. All joking aside, you had a good bit of luck on your side because the outcome could have been much worse. Also, thanks for the kind compliment.

Take Care and watch out for those trucks

Tony