Fly Tying
atxdiscgolfer

Fly Tyer Magazine fly swap

I'd like to be in as well. I caught several large fish this year on an ozark marabou streamer that I got from the magazine.

Add147- I have seen Fly Tyer magazine at Barnes and Noble

Give me a good excuse to go to the big city!

Looks like one more slot left. Thought the first post would carry over and then I thought I put a post in earlier but guess not. Anyway, if count is right I'll slip in behind Kudu and fill it out.

im going to tie the Frenchie

frenchie.jpg

Frenchie

Hook: Tiemco TMC3671, sizes 18 to 10.
Weight: Copper or gold tungsten bead head and lead wire.
Thread: Fluorescent fire orange 8/0 (70 denier).
Tail: Pheasant tail fibers.
Body: Pheasant tail fibers.
Rib: Copper wire.
Hot spot: Hot orange dubbing.

Okay, I'm going to take a shot at tying the Fender. This swap is out far enough that I can order more hooks if I need to. I have just enough for swap and if I keep having to razor the hooks clean and start over I may end up wearing a couple out. My only variation of the pattern is how well it's tied and that I'm using the Klinkhammer hooks in a #16 instead of his emerger hook. Klinks make a great emerger pattern with their tail hanging down so we'll see if I can get this one done. If not I'll simplify my choice in the future.

I have been looking at the online site patterns from the magazine and I am frankly not impressed with what I'm finding. I guess I'll have to buy an issue and see if they are any better.

Shoe same here. I have a few past issues here but really couldnt find something i wanted for the swap. The fly im doing is the Gierach Special Little Brown Trout. Its just a simple hair wing streamer. It in the spring 2004 issue.

Kevin