Fly Tying
breambuster

December Swap Club

This thread is for those of you who are already members of the Swap Club. Well, here we are in December and the theme for this month is "Anything You Want To Tie." So have fun. This month will also conclude my obligation to continue the Swap Club until the end of the year. If the Swap Club is going to continue for another year, someone else will have to step up and do the Swapmeister's job. I have had one person to mention to me that they might be interested. If that person is still interested in continuing the Swap Club for another year by assuming the role of Swapmeister, please let me know. Otherwise, we will open it up for anyone to volunteer to be Swapmeister and if there are no takers, then, I guess, the Swap Club will end after this month.

Since this is the month for Christmas and New Year's Eve, I was thinking that it would be nice if everyone could try to get their flies in before the end of the month or even before Christmas. I would like to suggest an unofficial due date of Dec 20. Your flies won't be late until after Dec 31, but let's all try to get them to me by Dec 20 and that way we can wrap things up for this year before Christmas. Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the way you have all hung in there and cooperated so well during these past 3 (or whatever) months. You are a great group of tyers, and I would be glad to have any of you in any of my swaps. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays and have a good one.

1. Breambuster - Swapmeister

2. Jolly Red - Received

3. Crackleback - Received

4. J-Kno - Received

5. Netabrookie - Received

6. Add147

7. Border Collies - Received

8. Kennebec12 - Received

9. Fishingbobnelson - Received

10. Joseph Russell - Received

11. IMX - Received

12. Vicrider - Received

13. Mcgx2 - Received

I should have my flies in the mail by the end of the weekend. I agree that later in the month is not good, at least for me, so I will get them done early. I'll tie a Snake River Hopper.

Merry Christmas all,

mcgx2

Sounds like Fishing Bob sent Nov. and Dec. together like I did, or he was really ahead of the game this month. Let me know if you don't get a volunteer to keep this going. Would really be disappointed if you didn't stay in tho.

Got my November set yesterday. Well done everyone. Tied up a set of Royal Coachman wets last night for this month. I'm going to throw a couple more coats of varnish on their heads and get them in the mail by the end of the week.

-Mike

Sorry, Guys, busy days here and I have 2 sets of flies that came a couple of days ago that I need to acknowledge. First we have some really nice Snake River Hoppers from MCGX2. These are really nice and you are going to enjoy having one. There is also a recipe so you can tie up some more of your own, and I WILL!

We also have a Gibson's Brim Killer from Jolly Red and I TOTALLY love this little pattern. I'm sure it's going to live up to its name. Thanks, Jolly Red for the "Extras!" Very much appreciated. Thank you.

Take care

BB

Flies went in the mail today...

Thank you for hosting, a true gentleman in my book.

Happy holidays everyone

Breambuster, mine went in the mail this morning. I tied two flies for this month so you should get them by the middle of the week. The first fly is just a simple midge and I have no idea what the second one should be called. I know they work sometimes because I have caught trout and bluegills with them. I put in a few different variations of them for you and also a few other flies that were in a little container on my desk.

Take Care,

Tony

We received 2 more sets of flies yesterday. They are from Netabrookie and IMX. Both are EXCELLENT sets of flies that you are going to enjoy having. And, in fact, Netabrookie sent us all 2 flies for this month so you get TWICE the pleasure from him this month.

Thanks, guys, for ALL the extras! WooHoo!

Take care

BB

Hi guys! First of all, let me ask you how does one become a member of this Swap Club? I mean, I live in Europe, so this automatically disqualifies me from any club eligibility, right?

Second of all, let me say bravo and cudos to the one who started the club. I can feel a bit of jealousy eating my precious heart.

Happy holidays everyone!

John Hall, there is a new swap club for 2015 starting at this time. You need to PM the swapmeister of that swap and find out his policy in accepting out of country participants. Being from Europe is certainly not an automatic out, just makes it harder on the tier. There are several members who participate in swaps fairly regularly.