Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Salmon Patterns?

Anybody have any good patterns for King Salmon on the Pere Marquette, I'm heading up there the second week of September. From what I hear I better have a whole basket of flies ready because you loose quite a few! I've got the instructions for a fly called the PM Blonde that is fairly easy to tie up and was looking for some other patterns

I'm not sure about Michigan, but out here in the Pacific NorthWest egg patterns and leeches work well.

I like red and orange with green for fall.

osd i'm from maine i was just woundering what a spring's wigglers looks like never heard of them before

calvin kidder

Only got 5 more weeks for the big PM trip, and already tied up 50 PM Blondes. That's a nice lookin fly better have some of them too biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info OSD

Good luck on the PM. You may want to hit the river down by Branch near the High bridge, its always payed off for me.

OSD.

Yea we are planning on fishing Sept. 8 - 12 and it will be out first trip up there. From what I have heard the salmon a running behind schedule so I hope there are some fishable numbers in the river by that time sad.gif

Early is better than late when it comes to river run salmon (if you know what I mean)

OSD.

Yea we wanna get into some fresh fish if possible, but landing the fresh fish is gonna be a different story from what I have read.

Thats why i suggested Branch Its better that you get to the fish before thay make it to the Redds.

Once thay get up to Baldwin area there ready to spawn, thay start to get dark and worst than that thay won't feed.

I like my fish fresh and full of fight.

OSD.

Yea that sounds perfect, might make that my first spot I'll try, is that area wadable? I've been somewhat worried about heading to far down river and it might not be wadable.

OSD could you post or send me the pattern for that spring's wigglers it looks like a great fly and i think it might work up here in maine on brookies and landlock salmon thanks

calvin kidder biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif