Fly Tying

Smalliehunter's Smallmouth Fly Swap #2

Here's a pic to give you guys an idea of what I'll be tying, phot quality is kind of poor so the flo green doesn't show up very well, but you can see how sparse they areuser posted image

Theres some fine adjustments I want to make, i.e., just a touch more of the flo. green, maybe one or 2 more strands of flash( you can't see em in the pic very well), and I think I'm gonna shorten them up a little

Swapmaster may as well get me the address now maybe they will hit the mailbox by the due date biggrin.gif They are to tagged and ready to go.

QUOTE (Gary Madore @ Feb 16 2005, 07:05 PM)
(and how come there are no comments about my frog? Sheesh: What a tough crowd! LOL)

Gary,

We did not make comments because this is a family friendly forum and I knew that if I said anything about the frog with that thing ... (see, I told you we can't go there).

Trust me, there was plenty of laughing going on when I saw the pictures.

Can you imagine the fly rod one would need to cast that. It would be more like a caber toss than like fly fishing.

Ken S

QUOTE (hexfli @ Feb 19 2005, 11:58 PM)
Ok Gang...
This is my first swap... the flies are done...now what?

thanks

Put your name and fly name on a small peice of paper (toe tag), anything will work. I use small tags with string on them, like an x-mas present tag. put them in a crush proof container, anything cheap. Get two envelopes one to send the flies, and one with your own address, to get the flies returned to you. Bowth with sufficent postage. Contact Will for his mailing address. Read the info at the top of the page concerning swaps. You can post your pattern here, and include a photo of the fly your are including in the swap. (If you can). Hold on as the deadline is not until the end of March, Keep an eye out on this thread to see how things are going. Join another swap ect.

My bad man, I got them Tuesday and totally forgot to mention......sorry unsure.gif

That is a killer looking set of flies headbang.gif

Well, here they are: 16 + 1 bugs all nestled in their beds..... All are size 8 "Cat's Whiskers", which is a pattern I found while searching for Smallmouth flies on the 'net. This was one of the very few patterns I found and thought I could handle.

There are 15 for the swap, an extra for Will, AND a super-duper-double bonus for Will, a MONSTER Cat's whisker tied on a size 2.... This one's for the GREAT BIG Smallmouth that's calling your name, Mr. SmallieHunter.... (It's the vertical one)

user posted image

I took the photo because I doubt the contents will be so organized when they arrive! sad.gif

Looking at the picture, it occurs to me that I forgot the friggin' toe tags, which sucks because it took me forever to get these li'l bugs stuck in the foam and safely in their box..... Drat.

Will: Is it OK to make up the toe tags and just ship them along with the flies (as you'll have to pull 'em all out of the box anyway), or do you want me to rip 'em back out and tag 'em before I ship?

Cheers!

Gary

That cool Gary, I will handle the toe tags for ya if you ship them.

Nice looking set of bugs man, I can't wait to get em. Size 2?.....that's not that big biggrin.gif

Thanks, Brother: They'll be in the mail Monday.

I gotta go hook shopping, I guess: Size 2 is the biggest I have.... Damn, now I have hook envy! unsure.gif

Cheers!

Gary

I was just giving you a hard time tongue.gif

size 2 is about as big as I go for subsurface flies but for topwater deer hair bugs I regularly use 1/0 and bigger.