Fly Tying

Smalliehunter's Smallmouth Fly Swap #2

Which was a fantastic fly smallie...I look forward to reproducing that one in a few other colors too.

Can't wait to see them.

I rec'd my set of flies today. There are some great patterns in there!

Thanks to the swapmeister for hosting...and all of the tyers for participating.

Can't wait to head north and catch some smallmouths!

Best,

Tim

Received. Looks great. Can't wait for the river water to return to normal spring flows (I hope). I still have last years to try out.

Wow....nice job everyone......looks great!

ok...now that this swap is done...anyone want to join up on my carp swap? dunno.gif

And mine arrived today. I knew I should have come home for lunch. I took the afternoon off to go fishing. I spent 7 hours on the ponds at work. What a great way to spend the day. Now I wish I had some of these flies out there with me. Oh well, I'll have more for next time. There are some really sweet looking flies in this set. Not a bad one in the bunch.

Got several Bluegills. Sometimes when you find them, the Smallies are right near by. One bluegill was so large I thought I had a bass on until I got it up near shore. It was 10 inches long. That had to be the largest bluegill I have ever brought in. And I got a 17" smallie as well. Both on a Red/White #12 M&M Fly Candy (like a clouser, tied with Marabou instead of bucktail). It was breezy (abt 10 MPH), not a cloud to be seen, temp about 60 degrees and the fishing action was very slow. But hey, any day fishing is better than time at work.

Ken S.

Just received my box of bugs....

There's not a bad one in the bunch.... Pure artwork: I don't know whether to fish them or frame them!

Thanks to all of you for making my first swap such a worthwhile experience. I only hope my own submission manages to bring you a little luck.

Fish or frame? Fish or frame? Hmmmmm..... (I'm honestly leaning towards framing them for display in my (future) library. Or fishing them. Or.... damn!) heh heh

Cheers!

Gary

Fantastic job, by all! Thanks for hosting a great swap there Smallie. Look out Green Trout, here I come!!

Art