Fly Tying
dryfly purist

Christmas downtown HAMAR - my hometown :-)

This is from my hometown HAMAR ( an olympic city at the 1994 winter olympics in Lillehammer Norway)

Hamar hosted the speed skating and the figur skating in 1994 (....you might remember the incident with Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding which took place in my hometown :-) :-) )

15929072249_612062e168_k.jpg

Terje

I was comparing this view to your other recent pic. In the other, the buildings appeared to be of more recent vintage. It was a pretty picture, but this one is even better. The scene is more picturesque, and the tire tracks appear to be refilled with recent snow. I think the single decorated tree is beautiful. Is REMA a drugstore? If I could speak Norse, I'd want to live there! Thanks for your continues sharing.

Nicely done! Sharp focus, nice lines. Not bad for human dwelling places.

Thanks a lot, Mike :-)

For your information it was -4 degrees Farenheit (which is -20 degrees Celius) so i guess you would freeze your ass off for sure :-) :-) :-)

Terje

I was comparing this view to your other recent pic. In the other, the buildings appeared to be of more recent vintage. It was a pretty picture, but this one is even better. The scene is more picturesque, and the tire tracks appear to be refilled with recent snow. I think the single decorated tree is beautiful. Is REMA a drugstore? If I could speak Norse, I'd want to live there! Thanks for your continues sharing.

Thanks a lot, FlaFly :-)

It was a beautiful but really cold evening and just a few people was to be seen outside. -4 degrees Farenheit is not exactly a temperature that makes you wanna stay outside :-) :-) ......but the clear air is perfect for photo :-)

Btw ..... Rema 1000 is a convinience store and not a drug store.

If you want to learn to speak norwegian you can just look at this guy in the video and you speak it within a few minutes :-) :-) :-) ........(yes he is Swedish but in this case it´s about the same thing) :-)

Terje

Terje-

Well done my friend, well done.

Thanks for posting. And have a Happy New Year!

Bill

Thanks a lot my friend :-)

I wish you and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR :-) :-)

Terje

Terje... your Swedish chef was cute, but not much help... I still can't speak a word. I have the lyrics to two of my favorite Christmas carols: Mitt hjerte alltid vanker, and Jeg er sa glad hver Julekveld!, but don't know how to pronounce them. I have to listen to Sissel sing them while I read the lyrics. You aren't any kin to her are you?

Terje... your Swedish chef was cute, but not much help... I still can't speak a word. I have the lyrics to two of my favorite Christmas carols: Mitt hjerte alltid vanker, and Jeg er sa glad hver Julekveld!, but don't know how to pronounce them. I have to listen to Sissel sing them while I read the lyrics. You aren't any kin to her are you?

hmmmm.....i thought he might help :-) :-) :-) :-)

the two Christmas carols you mentioned are really nice but i prefer someone else than Sissel to sing them :-) :-) :-)

Terje

How could you prefer someone else?!!! Sissel is one of my most favorite female voices ever (along with Frida from ABBA and Linda Ronstadt)... Her rendition with the Mormon Tabernacle choir and orchestra is absolutely tops. Like your photos.

I can't legally send that one to you, but here's a different rendition: HTTP://www.youtube.com/watch?vFSt1Be2g3g

Actually I learned Jeg er sa glad from St. Olaf's College choir. Never heard Sissel do it.

Terje-

Thank you!

Getting ready to go outside and play with my Christmas present that Barbara gave to me: Rokinon 24mm, F1.4 lens. Totally manual lens, no AF, no exposure

reading, no feedback to the camera. Glad I've got some exposure apps on my iPhone.

Take care.

Bill

How could you prefer someone else?!!! Sissel is one of my most favorite female voices ever (along with Frida from ABBA and Linda Ronstadt)... Her rendition with the Mormon Tabernacle choir and orchestra is absolutely tops. Like your photos.

I can't legally send that one to you, but here's a different rendition: HTTP://www.youtube.com/watch?vFSt1Be2g3g

Actually I learned Jeg er sa glad from St. Olaf's College choir. Never heard Sissel do it.

It´s just howe it is. Some artist just don´t appeal to me and Sissel is one of them. It´s just not my kind of music :-)

Terje

Terje-

Thank you!

Getting ready to go outside and play with my Christmas present that Barbara gave to me: Rokinon 24mm, F1.4 lens. Totally manual lens, no AF, no exposure

reading, no feedback to the camera. Glad I've got some exposure apps on my iPhone.

Take care.

Bill

Sounds to me that you have a fantastic wife. That´s what i call a great gift and an really nice tool to play with :-)

Enjoy my friend :-)

Terje