Fly Tying
agn54

Clouser/Half N' Half Variant Swap

Flies shouls be soon. My wife mailed them thurday. Had to work most of last weekend. Cold weather sucks.

Got mine tied but I am iced in from the storm so I am not able to get into town Hopefully tomorrow will be better weather. Sorry for the delay!

Roads cleared up some today from the ice we had Monday morning. I got mine in the mail today. I modified the flies from the my original submission because I had a devil of a time trying to get the spiked head to come out right but I was just not able to get that particular part down. Anyway I think they look good and I hope the rest of you will as well. STAY WARM!!!

I'm adding the finishing touches on mine tonight. They will be shipped as soon as I can get them to the Post Office, however may be arriving past the 28th.

Mine went out in the mail yesterday. Black and white skunk tail fur with Crystal Flash and chartreuse thread.

Alright, got backyardhunterr3006's flies in and all others are in the mail. Once they get in, I will sort them and get them back out ASAP so you should have a set in time for the thaw many of you are waiting for.

Got some really killer looking flies from Trez today! Love the skunk, definitely a great hair to work with. Thanks for the extras. Are those woven brassies?

Essentially woven brassies, I call them a "sinker". Those were hot pink sinkers... I started tying them when I was trying to learn the weaving process and liked them, so I kept making them. "Crackaig" did a "How to" on the shuttle weave here...

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=79814&hl=%2Bwoven+%2Bflies

These were my resulting flies. I just put a bead on before doing his training pattern. I did some similar for the Monthly swap club and added a peacock herl thorax, next month will be the soft hackle version..

Got some awesome flies from add147! Very cool looking flies, love the added flash

I am glad that you like them. They are not what I originally wanted to tie because I had a heck of a time trying to get the punk rock looking head to come out right so I decide to leave that portion off. You don't think they are to long for that style of hook do you? I hope everyone likes them as well!!! Thank you for hosting the swap. I look forward to seeing what else everyone came up with for flies.

Not at all. Mine are just about as long on similar style hooks. Big fish will eat them whole anywayswink.png