Fly Tying
breambuster

Your Favorite Bluegill Pattern Swap

Dorado, Joseph Russell Flytire and Fshrmanms, you are ALL in! Great to have some new guys and some guys that I've tied with in the past! Thank you all for joining.

There is only ONE spot left. Whoever takes the next spot after Fshrmanms will close this one out. Anyone who wants to join after that will have to be put on the waiting list.

Take care

BB

Well, we have a Hound Dog standing on the front of a surf board casting a fly rod to freshwater fish to round out our swap! Just kidding ihang10. Thanks for joining us and now we are good to go. The roster is complete.

When you each decide on what you're going to tie, let me know so that don't all tie the same pattern.

Take care

BB

I'll tie this Chernobyl Ant/Hopper adaptation that I originally tied up for the Glades but have caught fish on pretty much everywhere.

20150108_151908.jpg?gl=US

my favorite right now is a popper w/dropper which is handy cause I just glued number six hooks into 25 cork bodies.

I'm thinking white or chartreuse on the popper although some think bream poppers must be yellow! any one want to chime in before I bust out the paints?

white, orange, yellow, pink, chartreuse, black, purple etc all work for the spider fly I posted above

Old school for me. Always been led to believe white is not a good color for surface since it blends into clouds and sky instead of standing. Thousands of fish caught on white poppers and plugs have proved this wrong but old concepts dies hard in old people.

I had to give this one a bit of thought, as my actual favorite bluegill fly and a very simple tie. Almost seems like I'm cheating! But BB said your favorite, so I'll go with it... although I added one material to snazz it up a bit. A chain bead streamer.

fshrmanms

fsrmanms, I do believe a yellow popper is the best color to fish. That is mainly because they are extremely easy to see for the fishherman on the muddy water we have around here. That's wnat makes it my favorite. In our waters, all the bluegill sees is the silouette, anyway. So my mini popper is going to be mostly yellow.

I have not fly fished all that much yet so I really do not have a "favorite" fly per say. I have found a pan fish fly that I like and am going to give a try in tying. My fly of choice is the Pan Fish Pole Cat.

Pan fish "Pole Cat"??? Sure hope it doesn't get a guy a guy "skunked". Might need to "scent" it to make it work. Yep, "spray" it with some parfum to please the fishes. Keep your dogs away from it or buy lots of tomato juice. Don't let it crawl under a "House and Lot" fly and hide out.

Okay, I'll shut up now. :-(

BB, I'll be tying the crystal beetle. An unsinkable pattern that works great everywhere there is Bluegill. Thanks for hosting! -Dorado

We have received the Boa Yarn flies from RickZieger and some streamers from Colonel Mel. Both look like great sets of flies. Thanks guys, & thanks for the extras.

BB