Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Cannonx4

Trying to get organized...

Nice set up.

I have a room isolated from the rest of the house that serves as a combined

store room and fly tying warehouse. I'd need at least four of those cabinets

just for my fly tying stuff. This is not bragging. It is confessing my issue not

knowing when to say enough!

Yes I am a lefty! That note is from my baby girl, she's a daddy's girl. Can you tell?

SP, I have only been tying since last summer. But things have expanded rather quickly. I am sure I will out grow this pretty quickly but it gives a good place to store material I regularly use and I can just shut the doors with mess in tac.

My confession is that I do not keep the 'bulk' of the tying materials in the same room as I tie as the room is inadequately too small to store the accumulated STUFF that I've , ahh.. acquired over the years.

Yep, it's Daddy's girl and she's got you wrapped right around that little finger of her's doesn't she? hehee.. Nice, enjoy. My two are off to college now (1st year) and are there now. It wasn't so long ago was it? I have some artwork in the den that reminds me of their younger days. lol

enjoy.

BCT

I really really like that tying station! Neat way to organize material. My only comment is that I see an exaction knife in your tool caddy, pointed straight up. I did that one time, until I stabbed myself reaching for a tool. I can't have a piece of furniture like that, as my desk and drawers, etc., are built in (originally used for a computer station when I used a tower and separate screen. But it's nowhere as neat as yours, and stuff has to be stored in boxes right on the counter.

When you stab yourself (and it is inevitable) be sure to post a pic of the wound :-)

I hadn't even paid that any attention, thanks for bringing it up. Because if an accident can happen it will be to me. One of those knives has a protective cover over the blade, the other one has got to go.

My middle girl heads off to colledge next fall, Western Carolina here she comes.

Cannon.... I see your from upstate SC. We have a place in WNC, and spend spring and fall there. You've got some really nice lakes in your part of the state! Hope you fish in them.... where I live what few lakes there are all are surrounded by homes and private access..... mostly stream fishing.

What part of WNC is your place in? I live in a little town near Clemson. We do have some awesome lakes, I actually live on Lake Keowee, though Hartwell, Jocassee, Russell and Clarks Hill are pretty close by. Next time your up my way give me a shout and we will go sling a line. We also have some really good rivers up here too, Chauga and Chattooga.

That is really nice. I have a room in the basement that I use to use as a computer room. Now I'm in the process of converting it to a tying/music room. Besides learning to tie I'm Al so trying to learn how to play the guitar. I have a student desk that I have been using for tying, has 3 drawers for storage and I have it sitting in front of a shelving unit that was made for VHS tapes.

My first reaction was Wow you couldn't buy the timber for that price, especially here. You couldn't buy the timber to reproduce that in pine and ply for that price. Great find.

Since I got hold of a very large folding bureau for my tying my home has never been as tidy. I don't have the space many of you have. I've seen photos of peoples tying rooms that are larger than my house! Good storage is even more important when space is at a premium.

Cheers,

C.