Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
WdyCoachmen

Bitch Creek nymph

I'm learning this one right now, tough little nymph to make look good.

I seem to weave the chenille pretty well, my bodies always look decent. For me doing the hackle is the hardest part that's were I'm always messing up

How's your bc nymph look now?

Yes, there is more than one way to wrap a hook. I find that the key to getting a good weave is to keep a consistent tension throughout the process. It takes some practice.

I don't personally do any weaving though it sure looks good. I would suggest that you also try either yellow or chartruse or even hot yellow in place of the orange.

I know your pain had a surgery not too long ago then broke both my hands. casts just came off a week ago. It really stinks when you have the need to fish and something keeps you from it. BUT I can honestly say my first fish caught when i came back was by far the best fish i had in a go long time. feel better and i hope your surgery goes well. Ps. I like the marker trick.

One simple solution would be to use a shell back, as you would in a scud pattern. Tie some black material in at the bend pull it forward over the orange and rib down. There may be a new material on the way soon from Virtual Nymph. It has the texture of fine suede chenille, but comes in sheet form. it would be ideal for this.

Cheers,

C.

Personally, have never tied this pattern, but if your fishing for smallies, i doubt they'll care, their not very finicky if you know what i mean. Hope your surgery goes well, and welcome back to fly fishing!!