Fly Tying

Where's your "local area"?

I don't have a "net retractor" ... I have a folding net that fits in a holster.

Most people use a strong magnet that holds the net against your back when not in use.

I much prefer the magnet. I tried a William Joseph net retractor for a while and I was not a fan went back to my magnet after a few weeks of regular use.

Edit:

You should post an introduction post in the introductory forum so we can get to know you. Maybe post a few pictures of your flies or caught fish.

post-3361-0-27076700-1422247247_thumb.jpg

I have a fancier one of these. It clips to ring middle of back on vest. I lost nests in brush to magnets. The retractable nets get caught. The old elastic got caught and then snapped back and hit you.

I started using the Smith Creek Net Holster a couple of years ago, and I really like it. Keeps the net very handy without letting it swing around and whack you on the side of the head every time you bend over.

http://www.smithcreek.co/net-holster.php

If the fly shops near you don't carry them, they are available from mulitple online retailers.

Troutguy - I have had the same problems. Since I started using my ledged 650 waist pack I have modified my leash and magnet so I have way less swing and I can tell if it gets snagged right away.

post-52247-0-29960900-1422284705_thumb.jpg

post-52247-0-39756600-1422285244_thumb.jpg

This is what I have ...

The holster fits on my wading belt and the net unfolds as soon as it's pulled out of the holster.

attachicon.gifswivel_french_clip.jpg

I have a fancier one of these. It clips to ring middle of back on vest. I lost nests in brush to magnets. The retractable nets get caught. The old elastic got caught and then snapped back and hit you.

a well designed clip for sure.