Fly Tying
joseph russell

CARP 2015 SWAP

What is a fly swap?

Although there are other places to find the answer, I'll answer it here anyways. In a fly swap, usually 12 or so people each tie a dozen or so flies, and then they are all shipped to the "swapmeister". He sorts them so that each person gets one of every fly, and sends them back. There are a lot more specific rules and stuff, but this is a pretty simple explanation.

Ohh i get it now im not rly ready for that haha

Stuntsurvivalist its a great way to get your practice and improve your tying skills. as you keep improving on each fly you are tying and making them better . We are all tying from beginners to the advanced tier for improvment and fun and the plus side you get some great flies back and see what and how others are tying. Something to think about .

Thanks Joseph

Ohh i get it now im not rly ready for that haha

Stuntsurvivalist its a great way to get your practice and improve your tying skills. as you keep improving on each fly you are tying and making them better . We are all tying from beginners to the advanced tier for improvment and fun and the plus side you get some great flies back and see what and how others are tying. Something to think about .

Thanks Joseph

Joseph is right. I am new to this forum, but I have participated in swaps on other forums, and I learned a lot from seeing others' flies. This swap still needs 6 more people, and I'm sure everyone would understand if you are new to tying. It's worth considering. Plus, carp eat a large variety of flies, so a lot of flies would work.