Fly Tying
LuciV

a fantastic baetis nymph tied simple and easy

Hi guys,

sorry for not answering, but i travel a lot these days and here in Italy where I live , to have internet connection is quite difficult .

I make these baetis nymphs on size #14 and #16 on demmon bl hooks and sometimes on size #18. For body I use troutline synthetic quill. This quill can be replaced with peacock quill but then you will not have the typical yellow color. If you don't have it you can replace it with quills from capes - ginger or cream color as well.

This material is delivered in solid color. To obtain a gradient effect I used a permanent marker. Then, depending of the quality of the marker you can preserve the final color with a UV resin or with head cement.Otherwise the water and solar light can "wash" the mark ( of course not right away, but in months and years can disappear ).

About red head and orange head - is just for making a hot spot, but a black or brown can be effective as well.

What I love at this material: resistance and easy to work with ! :)

best ,

Lucian

I see the same flies that you show in your first post also on the link you provided. I also see them on this site: http://www.flytying.ro/baetis-nymph-tied-synthetic-quill/

So I assume that you did not actually tie the ones that you initially posted. Right?

He's a Pro Staffer for TroutLine so I'm guessing that the website uses his images, or at least the flies he ties.

J-Kno

I want to join you guys for that drink. Would be a hoot! Uh, but I'll choose the bar. LOL

P.s. Why do I always have this "0 warning points" under my posts status. I don't see it under anyone else's.

Does that make me a wuss? Do I need to swear more or what?

Never mind I logged off and its not there any more. I guess it's for my eyes only.

So Mikechell, how many warning points you got buddy?

Don't tell me, That's one warning point for me , Right?

I see the same flies that you show in your first post also on the link you provided. I also see them on this site: http://www.flytying.ro/baetis-nymph-tied-synthetic-quill/

So I assume that you did not actually tie the ones that you initially posted. Right?

Really ???

You don't think someone could post their flies on more than one site ???

Especially someone as talented as Lucian ???

J-Kno

I want to join you guys for that drink. Would be a hoot! Uh, but I'll choose the bar. LOL

P.s. Why do I always have this "0 warning points" under my posts status. I don't see it under anyone else's.

Ooooooooooo I think he knows "those" kind of bars better than us, huh J?

Silk ... you have super-duper-top-secret-covert-undercover-bad-boy points. They don't show up under your name because it would set everybody's computer on fire.

oops ... accidentally hijacking your thread again, Lucian. But I still get a shiver looking at those flies, for some reason.

COOL!!! I feel better. More manly. I think I'm going to go kill some rattle snakes or sky dive or somethin'.

Thanks Lucian, I was wondering about the body, it didn't look like any natural material I had seen. Looks very natural for a synthetic.

Cheers,

C.

LOL You need do nothing so dangerous. Just put on that speedo and go get a tan for a couple of hours. In Kansas, I am sure that would impress a few people.

With the materials I have on I hand I would use Pheasant tail, biot and red loc-tite. I was hoping it was loc-tite as that would be an AWESOME use of non traditional materials!

COOL!!! I feel better. More manly. I think I'm going to go kill some rattle snakes or sky dive or somethin'.

No, you have to HALO in to where the rattlesnakes are, then kill them. Total badassery!

Or go get that tan in Kansas!

J-Kno

Ooooooooooo I think he knows "those" kind of bars better than us, huh J?

Silk ... you have super-duper-top-secret-covert-undercover-bad-boy points. They don't show up under your name because it would set everybody's computer on fire.

Maybe he does... Not the "Blue Oyster" is it? Also, are we considered the "bad boys" of FTF? lol... I am ex-Navy, so very little disturbs me or is considered "off limits" like normal people would...

So I ASSuME that you did not actually tie the ones that you initially posted. Right?

He's a Pro Staffer for TroutLine so I'm guessing that the website uses his images, or at least the flies he ties.

Cheech for the WIN! (emphasis added)