Fly Tying
fshng84

Micro Fly Rod

It is fun! Been bouncing back between catching Stocker Trout in our area and these little fish. But, from the feel of the rod, I suspect it can handle larger fish easily.

I changed the fly line and was able to get longer casts. No more hang ups on the little rod guides from the nail knot I used for the backing/fly line connection,. Fished it today, and caught little Bass, Bluegill, and Sunfish! Today's Video.

Looks like the little rod can handle Stocker Trout with no problem! Today's Post.

the more i look at this, the more interested i become.

thanx for the links :)

do you use the fly line that is advertised?

what are your thoughts about this being a first rod for the small set ie.KIDS?

I have not but the only reason is I have old WF fly lines that I had for years. The narrow section is still good as new.

Not sure for kids as the rod is short and requires a faster transition from back cast to forward cast. However, if the rod were slightly longer, I think that would help a lot.

I want to see the micro landing net? Just kidding!:-) Looks like fun! Smallest rod i own is a Fario 2wt & 25cm grayling in 20cm of water is fun , 1kg trout even better!!! Does sage make a 000wt rod? I think rio makes 000wt line & hardy makes a super small feather weight reel! Hmmmm?????

Back in the 70's we built small rods 3' to 5' from blanks Dale Clemens rods had. the were called flea flicker blanks and were based on ultra light spinning blanks. the reels were the hard part back then and most of us just kept a coil of line in our hand. we used level lines the smallest dia. we could find. tippets were 7 and 8x when we could find it.

Cool stuff sandyflyx. Been using a Micro Fly Reel that I found online from goFASTandLIGHT.com; also, used a B&M Crappie Jigging Reel that works well for a fly reel.

Was able to mount the reel seat and the hook keeper on the next Micro Fly Rod. But, the snow stopped, rain slowed... headed to the local pond. Limited out using an Olive/Brown Near Deere! Looks like this pattern continues to produce this Season. Today's Video and Picture of the Rod.

I believe those are Green Sunfish ... with that brilliant blue cheek marking. Beautiful little fish.

Looks like a lot of work getting any distance with the micro-rod.