Fly Tying
psychoprince

Steelhead Swap

My flies came in today and very nice they are. Since my chances of fishing steelhead again are minimal I hope no one minds if a couple of those are stuck in the mouth of a ring nosed steelhead (carp). Couple look like they'd be very attractive to a carp, some have bass written all over them, and the rest can go in my dream of another crack at steelhead box.

Great looking flies everyone this was a really fun swap. Thank you for hosting!

PISSED :((((

i just received an empty envelope in the mail. it cleared customs on the 14 and someone lifting the tin somewhere along the way.

:(((((((

Ah man that's a first class bummer.mad.gif Thieves have been cut way down in our PO the last few years with different handling and screening techniques. My chances of fishing these flies is minimal for what they were tied and tho I've stored them I should be able to sort out most of them from the different boxes they went in and if you really fish these flies I'd be willing to send you what I can sort out of them. I'd include a few flies from earlier swaps for steels that I have also. Let me know and I'll do what I can.

unfortunate i think some a-hat opened the envelope (sticky seal), removed the tin and sent the empty envelope. i almost would have been happier if the whole mess got lost in the mail.

extras and such are nice but,,,,,, it is the flies that you all tied for this swap is what i was hoping for, toe tags and all.

that being said, there is no real way that this can be fixed. my swap flies go into my collection, and don't see the water. i appreciate any thought that others have had to fixing this, and it just isn't going to happen as the full set of swap flies would be impossible to do.

what would make me happy, would be if someone could put a photo set together so that i can see what everyone tied. i really enjoy seeing the skills and talent that other tiers have :)

That sucks Artimus- I can't stand a thief; next time you are in 1 of my swaps I will send you back 1 of my Crystal Skunks when I send back your set of flys.

Art im sorry to here that your flies got tampered with. They were in a sealed package. Luckily I set all the extra flies aside due to someone dropping out and I would be more than happy to send them to you. Please send me your address and I will get them out as soon as I can.

Dang pyscho, that would be great for you to do. We all called for you to keep the extra set but who knew you'd be given a chance to do this. Great.