Fly Tying
KOKOEK9

need ideas

Hi, I was wondering, It is not likely I will be able to do much fishing but I do like to tie flies. How can I dispose of the flies I tie. i wouldn't dare sell mine they are not good but they might catch fish. I don't know any body I can give them to thanks Mike

I'd check with benevolent organizations or schools to see if any of them sponsor fly fishing classes (not tying classes). Of course it would depend on what kind of flies you've been tying. How about posting pics of some of them. You can photograph a bunch in each picture. Maybe streamers in one, hoppers in another, etc.

I normaly give my test flies away to people who fly fish but don't tie or have no time to tie when I can I give to kids aslo but I am too wondri g about tying flies to give to maybe fishing for recovery? or any other places kind of looking forward to seeing where this thread goes.

Also, if they really are "not that good", maybe you should just take a razor to them and recycle the hooks. Becoming a proficient tier is mostly a matter of repetition. Tie and retie until you are "that good", and they you'll have no problem disposing of your flies.

phg makes a good point. If you are going to "dispose" of them ... then it makes no sense to dispose of a perfectly good hook. Strip it and use it again.

I hate wasting all the "work" I did tying a fly ... but if it's not going to be fished, it might as well be recycled.