Fly Tying
Harold Ray

Feather Emporium; Honest?? Anybody Using Them?

Just use him this month got my order in 5 days !! I also have used him several other times got my stuff in about 5-7 days

Steve-stabgnid

Did he ask you to pay extra for shipping? Or was the shipping free?

Free Shipping !!

Steve-stabgnid

Did he ask you to pay extra for shipping? Or was the shipping free?

Free shipping..

Steve-stabgnid

Well, I've sent four emails to David, with my last one warning that if I don't receive a response that I will be forced to open a complaint with PayPal. It's been a month and three days since I've placed my order so I just opened a complaint with PayPal against the Feather Emporium.

I've purchased from him before with no problems, so I don't know why he has been avoiding answering my emails and not sending my purchase. I am disappointed by this transaction.

I usually have good experiences but just a month ago I had a bad experience. Don't want to go into it all, but I found that the service was less than acceptable to me at least. But every time I ordered before that it was always excellent.

I too got stiffed by Feather Emporium. Ordered a set of hen pheasant wings on Jan 26. It's Feb 17 and I have not received them. Called him a couple of times and all I got was a promise to call me back...which he didn't do. He doesn't respond to emails. Had to file a dispute with PayPal. We'll see how that goes.

Since then, I ordered a set of wing feathers from Pretty-Plumes on Ebay. They arrived within a couple of days and are very nice indeed. Now, if I can just get my money back from this Dave guy.

I have never used them, I prefer not to buy online. I will if there is absolutely no other option.

However, I have been following this thread. It seams that several have gotten great service in the past. I have to ask, What happened for this to change?

rstraight, I think it's just a good up of who gets good service. Some get lucky and some do not. It's not so much as good service in the past and bad now days.

I think in many cases (just from reading this and other threads on this subject) that it hinges on instant gratification. Six week deliveries used to be the expectation, no deliveries or shipping on holidays or weekends, but now there are on line retailers that offer overnight delivery and people come to expect that. The Dave that owns that site is a member and has posted before on the subject and how to get satisfaction, gave his cell number out at least twice; but it seems he does it all himself (web, phone, mail, inventory, packaging, shipping, book keeping and the rest) and if that is true then every time some one calls to complain someone else's order is delayed by that call. If he is on this forum that delays a shipment. Point has been made that with credit cards or paypal the customer really can't get screwed if they follow the compliant procedure, I don't know because I don't order online.

I have never used them, I prefer not to buy online. I will if there is absolutely no other option.

However, I have been following this thread. It seams that several have gotten great service in the past. I have to ask, What happened for this to change?