Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
wschmitt3

World Fishing Network....Dropped from Charter Line up

My latest call to Charter asking why they dropped WFN resulted in another B.S. answer. This time the guy said they switched WFN from the sports package to the tier 1 package.

What I can't get over is the fact that they refuse to tell us why they dropped it. I've gotten four different answers. The people at WFN have refuted all of them. They claim that they have not raised their price. So why has WFN dropped them.

I note they still have the cricket channel on. Bet a lot of people watch that!.

It's always about the money. I am a firm believer in the free market system ... in capitalism and the freedom to make money. Having said that ... some situations that change JUST to make money are very frustrating to deal with. I do not agree with the "99%ers" ... but I can refuse business to the companies that seem to be taking advantage and over charging for services.

Unfortunately, there are just way too many people who are willing to pay extra, and that drives companies to charge more.

Harley-Davidson is a prime example. Great looking motorcycle with less than stellar performance going for more than $20,000.00 ... which is about $6000.00 more than they're worth. All because people are paying that much.

Well, today I decided to call their corporate headquarters in NY. Tried to talk to the CEO but they wouldn't put me through to him. Told them of my (any many others) displeasure of dropping WFN. A nice lady called me back in about an hour and confirmed that they dropped it and said they also plan to drop the Outdoor Channel shortly. She said they were going to also drop the Sportsman channel but they got so many complaints that they decided to not drop it.

She said if they got enough people wanting WFN back on they would probably put it back on.

I still couldn't get a straight answer on why they dropped the two hunting&fishing channels but kept the Cricket Channel.

If we could get enough people flooding them with complaints maybe they will restore it.

Well today I got my April bill. Not only have they dropped one of my favorite channels but they are going to increase the monthly charge by $6.99 for each box you have

This company has figured out more ways to screw people then the IRS.