Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

Lets get Crabby

No problem, especially for me since I told you to wait until the hair trim flies are done anyway.

No worries. Every now and then you need to have a little win.

Hey Dave let me know when you get the flies. I enclosed a little something extra for all the guys of the swap for waiting so patiently.

PJ2,

That was nice of you but it was not necessary on my account. Crap happens in life all the time and at least you reached out to everyone and gave an explanation. No foul as far as I am concerned but thanks for the extra goodie!

Hope you enjoy them, as far as I'm concerned its the least I could do, I really enjoy this forum and its members, and I want to continue to have good standings with everyone. I can only imagine how pissed off guys can get when they are waiting for someones stuff to arrive to the swapmiester's location and considering how understanding the guys on this swap have been. I felt it was the right thing to do. All I ask in return is honest feedback on my flies, and a picture posted if you catch something on them.

PJ2,

That was nice of you but it was not necessary on my account. Crap happens in life all the time and at least you reached out to everyone and gave an explanation. No foul as far as I am concerned but thanks for the extra goodie!

... considering how understanding the guys on this swap have been...

Understanding? Understanding? They'll rip your heart given half a chance.biggrin.png biggrin.png Doing a lot of SM work I know from experience that chit happens and many times it's beyond our control, or in the case of really old farts like me, slips our mind unless we leave notes. I will work with anyone who keeps in touch and has things setting him back in time of $$$. What SM hates is to try to contact someone and they just disappear. A recent case shows how accommodating we can be and yours is not a problem with your making contact and keeping contact as to your status. I look forward to the swap flies and will get them together with the deer hair spinning flies. Should be a big mess of critters in that package.

Not yet mate. It will take a couple of weeks, don't stress

I was told a week to arrive by our postman. I hope it arrives soon.

PJ2, don't forget, by the time the steamboat reaches their shore it then has to be picked by pony express to travel to the outback where it is sorted by aborigines who have a lot of trouble reading addresses since they can't read. Then it has to travel by kangaroo pouch back to civilization where it finally is dropped close to the address originally written on label. The extra trip is part of the agreement made by the government with the aborigines to not attack Canberra.

Kinda sorta there Vicrider.

The koala dropped them off this afternoon, but didn't hang round because it would have smelt and heard my dogs eaten it's cousin the kangaroo.

I'll sort this stuff out this week and get them back in the mail.

Except yours Vicrider as I'll send the stacked swap set back to you at the same time.

Thank you everyone for playing, and also for your patience. FYI, it was worth the wait Portly joe