Fly Tying
eide

April Flies from the Vice

2015.04.01.dryfly.me_.zmuddler1-1024x640

2015.04.01.dryfly.me_.zmuddler2-1024x640

2015.04.01.dryfly.me_.zmuddler3-1024x640

Starting out April with some Muddler/Zonker experiments. The zonker is Rabbit and the head is Roe.

I think this is one of the best stacking and trimming jobs I've done.

Very well done!

Eide.

Put in some dumbbell eys like this one and it will be able to work as a deep going sculpin.

I use it for sea run browns in Denmark.

Not a fly from April

Yes, I'll do that on the next batch, the plan for these are sea run browns here in Norway

Not to take anything away from any of these files.... they all reflect talent and experience

Eide's muddler/zonker is pretty Kool. I have a couple of Don Gapen's original muddlers in unopened bubble packs. He didn't come close to tying them this nice.

Stmflies - your diver is just about perfect. I like the blends. Most of my blend attempts wind up on the floor and then the shop vac. I don't think Larry Dahlberg ever imagined his original diver could evolve into this show piece.

Thanks johnny! The color blending does get quite messy. I usually try to start out with more hair than I need because I know half of it is gonna end up on the floor.

Getting ready for some spring pike surface fun. Not as good as some of the amazing spun hair flys ive seen on here, but they will do both me and the pike fine.

c238ce40-20ba-44cc-9dbf-a3da4528dcbb_zps1b295b3f-14cf-4261-9203-d3a34a09cd7f_zpsdfd02a30-6885-4076-b580-a2d57c5aeea9_zps

79737012-2c52-4e74-a6e7-e2a5f127533d_zps

38392fce-fa3d-44f7-ba8c-605b1552a35e_zps

Eide, My vote is for the long rubber legs.

Stm and fishforlife, Tying the multi color deer hair bugs like you guys have done here is like some kind of mystical process that simply amazes me. I have tried a few two tone with black and orange alternating stripes and they were absolutely terrible. I can spin for muddlers and hoppers but not consistently well I get two good ones for every three I tie but what you guys do is amazing.

Hats off to all these tiers, very nice work gents.

-Will