Fly Tying
eide

April Flies from the Vice

Eide what do you call those flies and what is the material? Not the rabbit strip muddler flies. The ones on the scud hooks.

@Fish for Life: Those look very nice! Are you texturing the foil yourself and if so how?

Thanks. Yes i am. After i glue the foil onto the body i rolled the ruff end of a hobby knife onto the popper and it left its impression.

X-Acto-knife.jpg

Fish For Life,

I hate to ask a stupid question but what kind of foil are you using on your poppers?

Fish For Life,

I hate to ask a stupid question but what kind of foil are you using on your poppers?

Nothing special, its was just regular cooking tinfoil. I just grabbed what i could find around the kitchen.

Great to see deer hair stuff, April must be the month! Might have to belly up and crank one out!

Great job in the hair guys, of with Edie , he doesn't count, everything he puts in a vice is very nicely tied :)

Isonychia Nymph based on a TightLines Video:

http://midcurrent.com/videos/how-to-tie-a-weighted-isonychia-nymph/

It's really a variation of a PT and a HE but with a black bead, dark pheasant tail for the tail and body and a bit of red in the dubbing for the thorax. He does not put a stripe on the top of the body.

1459_5512174b35b13.jpg